This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Hey, you! 

Back-to-school season is in full swing, and you know what that means – time to up your makeup game, girlfriend! Whether you’re hustling from class to class, hitting the books at the library, or just hanging out with your squad, you gotta keep that beauty on point. So, whether you’re lugging around a backpack, toting a purse, or just throwing stuff in your bag, let me spill the beans on these 4 makeup must-haves that are gonna make you look fire this semester. Get ready to slay your makeup routine, ’cause these products are about to become your BFFs! 

LIQUID FILTER

If you’re around TikTok, you must have heard or seen people talking about this product, and I’m here to confirm – it’s a YES! At first, I thought this product was being too hyped, but after getting it, I understand why everyone is obsessed. If you don’t know how to use it, it’s pretty simple: wear it how you like! You can use it even as a liquid highlighter; I love wearing it as a base and applying my cream bronzer, concealer and, blush.

Lip oil

I guess I lost count of how many times I wore lip oils; they’re so good! I have one from Milani (Fruit Fetish Lip Oil). They are budget-friendly, they smell good, and they stay on! You can try others, too, but I have yet to see many people talking about them, and even though I’ve not paid for it (lol), I’ve recommended the ones I had a lot. Give it a try!

Powder blush

Today, I’ll recommend another fav, “The Blush” from Essence. What a gem out there! It is such a close dupe for a few high-end brand’s blushes. It’s tiny, affordable, and blends really well with other products.

wATERPROoF MASCARA

I don’t know about you, but I can’t live without a good mascara, incredibly waterproof. Hands down to another Essence product, the Lash Princess mascara. I probably have the entire collection, but I want to highlight the waterproof ones because they’re good! If you’re tired of spending on high-end mascaras or many brands that always disappoint you, you should try these. Again, they are also budget-friendly, so why not try it, right? 

I hope you enjoyed reading these quick tips. So there you have it —four makeup must-tries that have truly earned their place in my heart and on my vanity. From the TikTok-famous Liquid Filter that lives up to the hype to the underrated yet fabulous lip oils like the Milani Fruit Fetish Lip Oil, these budget-friendly gems are here to stay. These recommendations come from my makeup journey filled with trials and tribulations, so trust me when I say they’re worth every penny.

Xoxo,

Thais Oliveira

Thais is a sophomore pursuing an International Business Management major at Lynn University. She chose that field because she always liked the idea of leaving a mark in the world. She is creative, loves spending quality time with her family, and one of her passions is the beauty world. She grew up in two different countries, which led her to be more resilient and expand her worldview. She is a woman attempting to change the world around her and hoping to find people that seek the same as she does.