This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

We look forward to the day we turn 21, it’s the day where we feel as though we officially adults, we automatically have so much more freedom now. The only way to celebrate turning 21 is to do something you wouldn’t do for any other birthday or something fun and extravagant. If you are someone like me who hates birthdays or anything to do with celebrating me, this is something hard for me. I know I will regret not doing something for my 21st if I don’t do anything. So that’s why I will celebrate my 21st birthday in some way. 

Everybody I know has had a rather festive 21st, but for me my situation is a little bit different. Half my friends are in South Africa and half in America, so why would I spend a fortune on a party when half the people I know won’t be able to come celebrate. So with that in mind there are many other options for 21st’s.

Dinner 

Option number one you can simply just go out for a nice dinner with the friends and family you have near you, this is great, it can be cheap and simple. This way you don’t have to worry about making a meal and everyone can order what they want and drink what they want to drink. Although this might be the shorter option time-wise. We all know restaurants try to get us in and out as soon as possible therefore your dinner might only consist of an hour and a half. 

Partying 

Option two you could go out to the clubs on the weekend to celebrate with your friends. If you’re the type of person who’s more into partying and not so much having a dinner type of celebration then obviously this is the way to go. For this, I would suggest not going to any simple basic club but rather one that is a bit more special or higher end if you are someone who is looking to properly celebrate their 21st.

At Home

Option number three would be to just have a very simple dinner party at home. With this one you invite your friends and family over and you can spend as much time together without having the issue of being kicked out of a restaurant or venue. By choosing this option you can get loud and rowdy without disturbing many other people maybe your neighbors but that’ll be it. Also with this option If you still want the feeling of actually going out and partying for your 21st that can still happen. After the dinner or if your birthday is during the week on the weekend. You and your friends can go out and party your hearts out.

At the end of the day whatever you choose to do for your 21st just make sure that you are happy with that decision because after all it is your birthday we are celebrating.

Lauren is an international student majoring in Hospitality Management. She is a very interactive, positive and friendly young lady who always gives of her best. She always wears a smile on her face and tries brighten up everyone’s day. She is very passionate about her home country and educating many young people about her beloved country.