This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

As many know, Instagram has become an engaged social media platform to post memories with fun filters. However, it is overwhelming on what apps to use to edit photos and create the art of memories for this social media platform, or other like platforms. In a society where influencing has become part of our culture, knowing the right apps to create the right content at the right time for the right message is key. Depending on the message and content for the post, using one app can quickly turn into fourteen. To narrow it down and help ease the confusion, I am sharing two of my favorite apps. They are Adobe Lightroom and Canva!  

To be honest, I hate paying to upgrade to premium. I do not use the apps enough to “gain access items that make my photo better.” For quick, easy, and free items, I find that Canva and Adobe Lightroom have a wide variety of options. The options are enough to make the photos what I want them to be.  

I use Adobe Lightroom to edit my photos. From Polaroid to enhancing the beautiful sunsets, Adobe provides a range of suitable options. My favorite part is that I can save all of my filters from my computer as presets to the app on my phone. Therefore, when I am on the go and using my phone to post, I can make the edits I want very quickly.  

Canva allows me to create Instagram stories and posts with fun and creative options like stickers or fonts. It allows me to have creative outlet with the proper sizing portions. The proper size of a picture is important because then my art with not be cut off or too small. I know that what I am creating will be guaranteed to be aligned to Instagram’s size features. This makes posting to Instagram easier. Canva is also a community space which allows me to gain inspiration from other creators and see what the latest trends are.  

While there are many apps with creative options for posting these, two seem to be the right choice every time I create a post or story!

Sydney is a sophomore at LUM and is majoring in Data Science with a minor in Mathematics. She is from Denver, Colorado. During her free time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, exploring and having new adventures, and being active. Some of her favorite activities are dancing with the LUM Dance Company, scuba diving, hiking, skiing, and running. She loves trying new restaurants, eating good food, going to concerts and museums.