This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

With the holidays just around the corner, it’s getting to be that time.

Stores become flooded with gifts for everyone under the sun! Strangely, there is a never-ending list of potential gifts to give, but when thinking of what to get that one special person, our minds go blank. Every. Single. Time. If this is what you feel every year, don’t worry, you’re so not alone.

Here’s a list of general gift ideas for various people in your life at different price points, to help you start thinking of the perfect gift this holiday season.

For Her, Family (mom, grandma, aunt, sister) 

Low price point (up to $15): mugs, candy, lotion, candles, perfume 

Medium price point (up to $40): clothes, household appliances, makeup,  

High price point (up to $100): shoes, bags, electronics, jewelry 

For Him, Family (dad, grandpa, uncle, brother) 

Low price point (up to $15): candy, cologne, shaving kit 

Medium price point (up to $40): sports merch, sweatshirt, flannel, personalized mug, video game 

High price point (up to $100): watches, sneakers, jackets, wallet 

Friends

Low price point (up to $15): nail polish, framed picture, scrapbook, perfume/cologne,  

Medium price point (up to $40): clothes, matching jewelry, self-care gift sets  

High price point (up to $100): planned trip, tickets to an event, memberships (gym, magazine)

Significant Other

Low price point (up to $15): photo collage, new necessity items (socks, food), letters 

Medium price point (up to $40): home-cooked meal, sweater, care package w/ favorite items 

High price point (up to $100): planned date night(s), engraved jewelry, electronics 

To get items at a discounted price, be on the lookout for Black Friday deals. Some stores are already running them online! Cyber Monday is also just a few days away if it takes you a little longer to find what you’re looking for.

Happy Holidays! 

Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.