Style

Halloween Costume Ideas You Didn’t Think Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Halloween can be a really exciting time of year, especially for college students, but finding a good costume that is not popular or basic can be hard. After a deep dive search and conversations with friends, here are some ideas that you might like.  

Couples/ Duos edition 

Solo cup and ping pong ball 

Simple and funny, I can rest assured you’ll get tons of compliments on this one.  

Phineas and Ferb 

A staple sibling relationship that any two friends can recreate. Another Phineas and Ferb option is Phineas and Isabella. They are an iconic couple from our childhood and is simple yet cute to recreate. Or another option is Ferb and Vanessa if that is more your vibe!

Mermaid man and Barnacle boy  

Funny and iconic, “Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy unite!” 

Ratatouille: Emile and Remy  

A feel-good movie that everyone loves with one of two duos to choose from: Emile and Remy or Remy and Linguini!

Groups costume edition 

Scooby Doo crew 

With a variety of characters, the Scooby Doo gang is an iconic yet simple group costume. You could even add some of the monsters they fought to make the crew even bigger! 

SpongeBob crew 

Everyone loves Bikini Bottom, and even if you run out of main characters to choose from, you can also dress as any Bikini Bottom resident and still be recognized.

Smurfs  

With over a hundred characters to choose from, the gang can dress up as the smurf they most relate to or evil Gargamel and his cat! 

Three blind mice 

Funny and simple, this costume is for sure one to stand out! 

Teletubbies  

A staple childhood show, you could either dress up as one of the Tubbies or the baby sun! 

Jersey shore 

Everyone loves Y2K vibes, and this show gives it. 

Sesame street 

A whole gang to choose from, and if you want or need more options, you could add The Muppets gang too! 

Pac Man and ghosts  

A good last minute group costume that’s simple, yet not basic.  

The Flintstones  

Finally, a feel-good gang with a variety of characters to choose from.  

If you were inspired by any of these, feel free to share your pictures to our Instagram (@hcatlum) to get featured in our Halloween post! 

Claudia is a junior at Loyola University of Maryland majoring in Biology and minoring in Writing hoping to pursue a career as a Physician’s Assistant. Born and raised in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Claudia, enjoys spending time with her friends and family, the outdoors, and food from home.