Five Galentine’s Day Date Ideas for You & Your Besties 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, every store – and establishment ever – is decked out in a variety of cheesy love displays; from cards, to stuffed animals, to giant bouquets of flowers for that special someone in your life. However, whether you have a special someone in your life or not, there’s no better way to spend Valentine’s Day than with your friends and people you love! Here are five fun date ideas to do with your best friends that can make your Valentine’s Day feel just as special.  

1. Brunch Date 

There’s nothing more fun than going on a cute brunch date with your friends to a restaurant of your choice! There are a variety of adorable cafes that provide the perfect picturesque scenery to get cute pictures for your Instagram and provide a delicious menu with the best brunch food. Going out for food with friends is a great way to spend time together and even have the opportunity to get dressed up for the perfect friends date that everyone can enjoy! 

1. Indoor Cooking Night 

Don’t feel like going out? An indoor cooking session with your friends is the perfect way to spend time together indoors and try out a new recipe. One super fun thing to make is homemade pizzas, where everyone can pick out their own toppings and create a pizza they love (this also is a great opportunity for cute pictures!). It’s also a way to relax, put on some fun music, and cook something that you all enjoy!  

1. Group Bowling or Laser Tag 

For a more interactive activity, going as a group bowling or to laser tag is an incredibly fun way to spend time together and bring out your competitive side! You can split into teams with your friends, or all play together collectively to see who can get the most points. This activity is also something anyone can enjoy, even if they’ve never played before. It’s a great way to spend time as a group together and play fun games! 

1. Indoor Game Night 

If you don’t feel like going out for games, no worries! There’s a variety of board games or card games you can play with friends indoors that are just as fun. Everyone can gather around in comfy clothes and bring their favorite game to take turns playing. It’s another great way to bring out your competitive side or just have fun together as a group! 

1. Movie Night 

Sometimes the perfect way to end a long day is to curl up on the couch or your bed and watch a movie, but it’s even better when you have friends with you. You and your friends can get dressed in your favorite comfy clothes, make some popcorn, grab any of your favorite snacks, and pick out a movie you all enjoy (romcoms are the best for this!). It’s a relaxing way to watch a movie you all love and cozy up under a blanket mountain together!  

Valentine’s Day may be advertised as a holiday for those with a significant other, but it can be celebrated by anyone with the people they love in their lives. The best moments and memories are the ones spent with those around you doing something you all love! 

Sophie LaBella is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying writing and communications with a minor in studio arts. When she isn't studying or working on one of her many unfinished poems, you can find her recording for her radio show at WLOY, embroidering her jeans, dancing, or spending time with her best friends!