This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Have you ever thought of having a club dedicated to your favorite artist where you can meet other people who love the same singer as you? Well, let me introduce you to Loyola Swiftie Society— a club solely dedicated to Taylor Swift, yes Taylor Swift.  

Debuting in Feb. 2023, the club was created due to the amount of Taylor fans on campus. According to one of the founders of Loyola Swiftie Society, “Taylor Swift is what helped all three of us to become friends during the first week of freshman year. We thought that creating a space for fans of Taylor’s music would help to create friendship around campus and give people a place to destress with a common interest.”

The club was also started because they wanted a low-commitment club for students, Swifties or not, to simply enjoy fun activities. Who doesn’t love that? 

The events hosted by the Swifite Society have made a huge splash so far on Loyola’s campus. One of the club’s biggest events was a Taylor Swift Bingo Night that had a record number of 50 students in attendance.  By using Taylor’s songs as bingo squares and Starbucks gift cards as prizes, “This event was great because it allowed people to meet other Swifties and make friends all while having a fun activity,” said one of the club’s officers. Another big event was a collaboration with Loyola’s Group Exercise organization. Titled “The Eras Workout,” Loyola Swiftie Society partnered with exercise instructors to host a day packed with Taylor Swift themed spin, barre, and yoga classes. Attendees got to leave the classes with friendship bracelets after jamming out to Taylor’s hits while also getting a good workout in. Other hit events hosted by the club includes a 1989 (Taylor’s Version) listening party and a paint night for students to hang out and destress.  

As the club is set to celebrate one year of its existence in Feb. 2024, they hope to expand their efforts beyond campus while also upholding some of the values Taylor herself stands for. “We recently discussed giving back to not only the Loyola community but also the Baltimore community,” said one of the officers. “We want to inspire women’s equality in the workplace, sports and the music industry and promote an uplifting and supportive community.” 

The club also teases upcoming collabs with other organizations on Loyola’s campus such as the counseling center, the athletic department, and other clubs on campus. Be on the lookout! 

Leaders of the club express endless gratitude and recognize the impact the club has made on them. By making strong connections with other student leaders and faculty, the officers of Loyola Swiftie Society say that they have become more confident and comfortable in their leadership abilities. 

According to officers of Loyola Swiftie Society, they want their legacy as a club to be known as a welcoming environment. “For us the club has been something fun and has strengthened our friendship. We want to leave behind a legacy of truly caring about the club, campus and our members. We hope to see the club long outstand our time here at loyola and we hope it creates life long friendship or just a positive point in anyone’s loyola journey. Cause you’re never really on your own kid.”

It’s safe to say that Loyola Swiftie Society would definitely make Miss Taylor Swift proud. With their commitment to fun and community, this club combines loving an artist and taking a break from the stress that comes with college. If you haven’t already, check out Loyola Swiftie Society! They host tons of events all semester long that are perfect for everyone—Taylor lover or not! 

Tyra Alexander is a National Writer for Her Campus, primarily writing about life, experiences, and academics. She is also Editor In Chief at her campus chapter at Loyola University Maryland. Beyond Her Campus, Tyra is a Sophomore English Major and communications minor. She is the Head Nonfiction Editor for her campus' literary art magazine, Corridors and is Senior Copy Editor for her school's newspaper, The Greyhound News. In her free time, Tyra can be found reading a romance book (or two), dancing with her university’s dance company, or watching vlogs by her favorite YouTubers. She is a big fan of R&B and pop, with her favorite artists being Victoria Monét, Beyoncé, and Ariana Grande.