This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

The music industry sees artists come and go like blips on the silver screen, but there are rare times where we see artists continue to grow until they reach major popularity. There is one band that has been recently climbing the charts that holds this potential, and personally I have been a huge fan of theirs for years. This band has been featured on many Spotify playlists curated by the site and has a rapidly growing fanbase that is selling out shows faster than they can perform.  

Lovejoy has grown exceptionally over the last year or so in popularity. This indie rock band based out of the UK provides a unique experience to listeners with songs that have a wide range in topic and sound. This band draws inspiration from the likes of early 2000s Artic Monkeys, Los Campesinos! and more. The band has been releasing music since 2021 and has amassed over 2.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify. They have an EP titled Are You Alright?, and a full album called Pebble Brain which were both released in 2021. In addition to these they also have two singles: “Knee Deep at ATP,” a Los Campesinos! cover that was released in 2021, and their newest single “Call Me What You Like” which was released on February 10th, 2023. The band has also hinted at the drop of another album in the first few months of 2023. Despite the two year gap, this group has steadily won the hearts of their fanbase all around the world, including myself.  

Lovejoy has recently announced a U.S tour with roughly 20 stops ranging in size and location. The tour completely sold out in a matter of two days with most tickets being sold in the presale.

I have been a fan of this band since right after their first album was released in May 2021. I fell in love with their sound and went to look more into their music. With each song my appreciation for the band grew. Today I can say that they are my favorite band and I can’t get enough, and I hope that after a good listen you can’t either.  

Nez is a junior from Weymouth, Ma. They are a Theatre major, and a Gender and Sexuality studies minor. In their free time you will most likely find them in the theatre as well as in the admissions office! Outside of Loyola, Nez is passionate about music, reading and photography.