This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

At times, our workloads tend to push us overboard as we focus much of our time on our assignments resulting in us forgetting about ourselves physically, emotionally, and mentally. In this article there are five habits that will help you stay on top of your game as you navigate yourself through your day-to-day life as a hard-working student.  

Stay organized 

You know yourself the best, so use what works for you. If it is by using a planner by paper or phone, staying organized is key for your busy schedule. Writing down your assignments for your classes, your shifts for work and personal appointments will tremendously help you remember your priorities throughout the long week.  

Create a suitable schedule 

By being on the move constantly, having a schedule that works for you will create a fluidity that you never knew you lacked. Not only are you going to remember where you have to be and what you have to do, but you will also develop a great habit of responsibility.  

Keep your health in check

Exercise, eat properly and get enough sleep! Your health is key to having a successful time in college. By having the proper amount of sleep, eating the right food, and exercising throughout the week, you will feel energized, awake, and ready for whatever assignments your professors assign.  

Keep your environment clean: Dorm, study area, bedroom, etc. 

Having a clean environment in where you sleep, study, and hang out is a helpful habit to your daily life. With that, doing your chores, enjoying yourself and your friend’s company will be delightful without any embarrassment.  

Find the right people: friends, study group, assistance 

Surrounding yourself with trustworthy and friendly people is not only a pleasure but also a great help if you miss a class or two from the flu. Finding the right people to be your friends, study partners and aid will lift off the heavy weight on your shoulders, as you will have everyone you need a phone call away.  

As a hard worker, trying to prioritize the little things with the big things can be challenging at times. With the five suggestions listed, your daily life will be transformed from difficult to straightforward.  

Good luck!

Hello everyone, my name is Veronica, and I am a student at Loyola University Maryland. I am currently majoring in Political Science but plan to double major in Political Science and Writing and minor in Music Performance. I enjoy writing short stories and poems on my own and have been eager to join an organization that offers the opportunity of publishing literary work.