This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

All of these products will keep any college girl looking her best while juggling school and work, and won’t kill a college-sized budget!

1. Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel: $9.49 I’ve tried every face wash and mask under the sun to combat pesky breakout, but none of them are as effective as this spot gel! This product actually does what it claims—reduces size and redness of any given breakout. I dab a small pea size amount as soon as I see any breakout forming and by morning it’s completely gone or significantly reduced.

2. Frank Body Scrub: $14.95-17.95 Every Loyola lady knows that a Chicago winter spent with Lake Michigan as your neighbor can be torture on your skin, leaving it dry and warped by the wind. Frank Body Scrub is an all-natural body exfoliator made from ingredients like coffee grounds, grape seed oil, and sea salt. This scrub leaves your skin feeling smoother than ever and locks in all the moisture you need to survive a Chicago winter. Bonus: this product also works to fight stretch marks and cellulite!

3. Coconut Oil: Around $7-10 Everyone seems to be going crazy for coconut oil these days and for good reason! Coconut oil can be used under the eyes to brighten dark circles and reduce fine lines (my favorite use for this one!), a skin moisturizer, and a hair mask that restores hair’s shine and softness. Coconut oil can be found at any local grocery store and the uses for this product are endless. 

4. Keratherapy Daily Smoothing Cream: $19.55-23.00 All college girls are guilty of over styling their hair with too much heat, be it from a straightener or a curling iron. Thankfully, this particular hair cream is infused with keratin, the protein that gives your hair its strength and healthy look. Instead of breaking the bank at a salon for a keratin treatment, you can give your hair the daily dose of keratin it needs for a fraction of the price! After all, who doesn’t want smooth, shiny locks?

5. Witch Hazel: $3.19 Witch Hazel isn’t a product that most people have ever heard of, even though it lines the beauty aisles at your nearest Walgreens. Witch Hazel is made from the leaves and bark of the American Witch Hazel shrub and is a natural astringent. After taking off my makeup at the end of the day, I dab a cotton swab in a few drops of witch hazel and rub over my face. It works as a natural toner, digging deep into pores to remove excess dirt oil and makeup that causes breakouts and can be left behind by makeup remover wipes. It always leaves my skin feeling cleaner and refreshed. 

6. Malin and Goetz Lip Balm: $12.00 This lip balm is one of my favorites! This lip balm works to replenish dry lips, which can be hard to avoid thanks to Loyola’s lake effect wind. This balm also gives your lips a bit of shine, unlike many other balms, while still leaving them soft and hydrated. Also, thanks to its glossiness, this balm works great over lip stains—enjoy the color without sacrificing hydration. 

Politcal Science Junior at Loyola University Chicago, Minor in International Studies. Love all things beauty, baking, and current events!
Molly is the Loyola University Chicago CC, a PR consultant and fashion merchandiser by day, a blogger by night, and a coffee addict all the time. She's a Starbucks and Sephora VIP member, which is both a blessing and a curse, and would rather get Valentino than a Valentine. Her interior design efforts usually incorporate elk, while her wardrobe consists of black, black, and slightly darker shades of black.