This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

We are nearing the end of the school year, and that means that Loyola’s Class of 2019 is nearing the end of their undergraduate experience at Loyola. Being a senior myself, I wanted to capture some of these fun, yet real, stories from my peers in our last few weeks on this campus. Check out what this week’s senior has to say about her four years at Loyola University Chicago!

Meet Sydney Kamuda.

Hayley Accola: What is one stand out moment from your Loyola experience? A low point?

Sydney Kamuda: One stand out moment from my Loyola experience is going with a group of women to a concert that we all bought tickets for months in advance after meeting and rapidly bonding our senior year fall semester.

An honest low point was coming close to dropping out my junior year due to a combination of factors that seemed overwhelming at the time (i.e. social, relational, educational, and mental health-wise), but with the help of friends, family, and some external care, I ended up figuring out what I needed to do to take care of myself. And here I am, three weeks away from graduating.

HA: Any plans for after graduation?

SK: I plan on staying in Chicago (just signed my new lease!) working on producing more art and applying for internships and jobs in the marketing and graphic design fields!

HA: What do you consider your dream job/top career goal?

SK: My dream job would be a graphic designer for an international magazine or for a record label designing online posters for music artists who are going on tour.

HA: What (or who!) will you miss most about/from Loyola’s campus?

SK: I’ll miss walking around Loyola’s campus in the springtime, when it’s still a little bit cold but everyone’s starting to come out and relax in front of the IC with their friends (or dogs).

HA: If you could tell an incoming freshman one thing, what would it be?

SK: It’s all going to be fine. Also make sure to call your parents, they miss you.

HA: Where did you do most of your studying on campus/where did you spend the most amount of time?

SK: Probably in the IC from working for the DMS, but also getting to see the lake while studying for exams isn’t half bad.

HA: Best coffee on or around campus?

SK: There’s a mocha at Uncommon Ground I drank freshman year that I still dream about to this day.

Hayley Accola is a senior studying psychology and criminal justice at Loyola University Chicago. Hayley is a self-proclaimed nap queen and a crêpe enthusiast. You can find her watching funny cat videos, eating Nutella straight from the jar, or shopping downtown on any given day of the week. Find her on Instagram @hayleyaccola !