Salman Akthar ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Name: Salman Akthar

Year: Junior

Major: Bioinformatics

Hometown: Schaumburg, Il

Relationship Status: Single

Interested in: Women

What is your go to pick up line?

Call me DNA helicase so I can unzip your genes.

What does your ideal date night look like?

If it was the first date, I would pick her up with flowers in hand. We would go out to eat at a fancy restaurant. We would walk around, and eat ice cream if there was a good ice cream place nearby. Go home and snuggle.

What is your favorite thing about living in Chicago?

I am in the same city as most of my family, and I enjoy that.

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

If I could go to anywhere, I would go to Costa Rica and stay on the beach, live simply, and be happy.

What has been your favorite experience at Loyola?

I went on a Muslim Student Association (MSA) retreat to LUREC where I got close to a good group of people who eventually became my best friends.

As a Junior, is there anything specific you’d like to accomplish before graduating?

Yeah, I actually do have goals that are not just school related. I would like to learn my native language, Urdu. I would also like to get a letter of acceptance into medical school before I graduate. I want to reach a point where I am confident that I have moved on from the mistakes of my past relationship.

What qualities do you look for in a friend/significant other?

Someone who is mature and philosophical. I want someone who I can talk on a deep level and someone who can appreciate life as much as I do. I would be willing to sacrifice and compromise for her, and I would want her to reciprocate that. It would be nice to have someone who would favor sitting in pajamas, watching tv, and eating a tub of ice cream with me over dressing up and going out anyday.

What are three words you would use to describe yourself?

Loving because how could I not be? Chivalrous because I buy my girls flowers. Dedicated because I will reach my goals.

What is the greatest quality you bring to a relationship?

My willingness to cook a girl a meal. 

I am a sophomore journalism major at Temple University. I love my campus and everything that it has to offer, but some people just don't notice the things that I do. And I love to share the information and fun that I have with them so that they can join in on it! Let's go Temple Owls!