This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved playing “fashion designer” and drawing in fashion design coloring books. When I saw an email in my inbox from a custom apparel company called Fresh Prints, asking me to apply to be a Campus Manager, I knew I was interested. 

I was a little apprehensive at first because I had no experience in the apparel industry. I also didn’t know anyone else who had become a Campus Manager. Over a year and a half later, it has been one of the highlights of my college experience so far.

To clarify, Fresh Prints hires college students to reach out to the organizations on their campus to create custom merchandise. After a year of doing online classes, this opportunity to connect with other students and organizations on my campus was exactly what I needed.

My Role

As a Campus Manager, I reach out to the organization to understand what products and designs they are looking for. Then, I mock up the designs by coordinating with our art team. Checking stock for garments, quoting prices, and following up until the client receives the products are also some of my responsibilities.

I also have the opportunity to work with an awesome Business Development Manager. Casey and I meet weekly to discuss the projects I am working on, and my plan for the semester. Her expertise in the industry has been invaluable to me!

My Growth

In my first two semesters, I more than doubled my sales and my clients began recommending me to their friends. This semester, I have already done $42,000 in sales.

Beyond just sales, my confidence in my abilities grew exponentially. I remember being so nervous to place my first order, and now, I just feel accomplishment and excitement. Working as a Campus Manager has given me experience in sales and design, pitching to clients, coordinating with several different internal teams, and following through until the order reaches the client.

I would recommend that any college student apply because it has been such an impactful experience for me so far. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Reach out to me at frankiekarpowicz@freshprints.com if you have any questions, or want to work together on merch for your organizations!

Frankie is a senior at Loyola University Chicago, majoring in Advertising/Public Relations with minors in Marketing and Visual Communications. She's from the suburbs of Chicago, and can usually be found online shopping, on a coffee run or forcing her little sister to stop for pictures.