Harry Styles is Starring in a New Thriller and I Could Not Be More Excited

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Right when I thought Harry Styles’ career couldn’t take off anymore, the announcement that he will be starring in the new thriller Don’t Worry Darling proved to me that his success is only just beginning.

Being a long-time directioner, I was even more excited to realize that I would get on-screen drama from one of my favorite artists of all time. Harry is so widely loved by the One Direction fandom that Twitter practically blew up with trending tweets about his new hair for the film. 

The film will also include lead actress Florence Pugh, along with Chris Pine, Olivia Wilde, and a stacked crew of other highly-esteemed artists. According to Deadline, Don’t Worry Darling is a “psychological thriller which is set in an isolated, utopian community in the 1950s California desert.” If you ask me, it sounds like a huge upgrade from the Harry Styles fanfic I used to read as a thirteen year old, so I couldn’t be more excited. 

Even though I’m a die-hard Harry Styles fangirl, I’m actually not a huge fan of thriller movies. I tend to stick to the classic romantic comedies and Disney originals that don’t scare away my sleep at night. However, I will always make an exception for Harry Styles, and the movie synopsis makes the plot sound all the more interesting. I definitely think that it will be a big hit, even for people like myself who shy away from the thriller movie category.

Unfortunately, the release date of the movie is to be determined. Recently, the crew announced that they stopped filming after a crew member tested positive for Coronavirus. Despite the setback, fans are hopeful that they will get word of a date for sometime in 2021 and that filming will proceed as soon as possible. Personally, I am looking forward to more leaked pictures of Harry’s slicked back 50’s hairdo until then!

Ellie is an Assistant Social Media Editor for Her Campus, College Fashionista and Spoon University. An avid coffee drinker and TikTok enthusiast, she is passionate about all things social justice and exploring the city of Chicago.
Amanda is a senior at Loyola University Chicago studying English and multimedia journalism. She's originally from the Cleveland, Ohio, area and is a huge baseball fan. When she's not drowning in papers (and even sometimes when she is), Amanda can probably be found watching her latest Netflix obsession or drinking coffee in one of the many great cafés throughout Chicago.