This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Despite all the disunity during this midterm election season, one thing we all should agree on is the stuff that makes us look around and truly marvel on the blessings that we take for granted everyday. To muster up some holiday cheer, I explored campus to scavenge the most grateful of students to share what they’re thankful for this holiday season.

Adrian Medina

Major(s): Cognitive/Behavioral Neuroscience & Psychology

“​I’m continuously thankful for my family and for my very close friends. I’m thankful that I continue to become closer to them as I navigate further through adulthood. Above all else, I’m very thankful for the fact that they are the foundation of my support system.”

Lea Anderson

Major(s): Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience

“This Thanksgiving, I am most thankful for the hardships that my family and I have overcome. They have taught us the true meaning of love, selflessness, and tenacity.”

Yewon Rhee

Major(s): Neuroscience and Sociology

“I’m thankful for my family and friends who are always there for me and support me through everything! This semester has been tough but having them makes everything better.”

Anna Tomasik

Major(s): Biology

“As vague as this may sound, I am honestly thankful for everything. I am thankful to have such wonderful family, friends who are so caring (always know how to make me smile), a safe and comfortable home, and so much more! Even though my parents live far from home they are always calling me making sure I don’t step outside in the cold after showering. I am also thankful for my brothers who are always one call away and always on queue if my boyfriend were to upset me. Which lastly, I am thankful for my boyfriend for being so supportive of me when I am in school. Whenever I am near the verge of a mental breakdown he always reminds me of my dream goal, thank you.” 

Always choose love
I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.