Going to the IC During Finals Week (Told by the Office)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Ah, the dreaded time of year is upon us once again. Across the country, students spend countless hours cramming for finals, sans sleep and hardly any food. All of a sudden, the library becomes the hot spot on campus (Where have you been all semester?!) Loyola students understand all-too-well the struggle of struggling to find a comfortable spot to study in the IC during exam week. So, while you’re procrastinating studying, check out what it’s like to go to the IC during exam week, as told by The Office.

1. When you arrive at the IC and realize you brought all the wrong books. 

2. When you arrive at Connections Café for your large coffee with an extra shot of espresso and see how long the line is. 

3. When you see someone watching Netflix in one of the comfy chairs.

4. When you finally find a seat.

5. When you look at your notes and have no idea what they mean.

6. When somebody brings in gross-smelling food, and they plop down right next to you.

7. When you look at the time and you realize you’ve been there for three hours and you’ve accomplished next to nothing because you keep getting distracted.

8. When someone’s phone goes off on the third floor #RookieMove.

9. When you finally read an entire page of your study guide.

10. When you finally leave the IC after 12 hours and you still don’t feel prepared.

Maura Partridge is a junior Advertising/Public Relations major with minors in Marketing and Spanish. She currently serves as Her Campus Loyola's Marketing and Publicity Director.
Molly is the Loyola University Chicago CC, a PR consultant and fashion merchandiser by day, a blogger by night, and a coffee addict all the time. She's a Starbucks and Sephora VIP member, which is both a blessing and a curse, and would rather get Valentino than a Valentine. Her interior design efforts usually incorporate elk, while her wardrobe consists of black, black, and slightly darker shades of black.