This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

And just like that, autumn is upon us once again! I honestly don’t know where summer went, and it feels like summer left in the blink of an eye. Even though I’m going to miss warm, sunny weather and long days spent without the stress of classes, I’m more than ready to welcome back the cool, windy days of fall. Autumn is my favorite season for so many reasons, and I feel like there’s a wide variety of activities and fun that everyone can have during this season. From exploring autumn’s beauty in the vibrant colors of nature to enjoying cozy days with friends and family, fall brings a breath of fresh air to every year. If you’re looking for some fun things to do and see this autumn, I’ve got you covered with a list of some of my favorite activities for fall.

Bucket lists are so fun because you can collect all your ideas in one place and check off each item that you’ve done. I made my fall bucket list on a piece of paper and personalized it by using stamps and fall-inspired images from an old planner I had. You can customize your bucket list in any way you choose, such as handwriting it, creating a digital bucket list, or even simply typing everything out in your phone. However you choose to create your bucket list, the point is to have a list of fun things you’d like to see and do this season. 

Now, let’s get into the fun part: looking for all the autumn inspiration for your bucket list! I’ve included some of my favorite activities for fall below, but there’s so much more that you can do for fall. Include whatever gets you excited and in the mood for autumn in your bucket list, and get ready to have an amazing autumn.

My Fall Bucket List 2021:

1. Visit a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins
  2. Bake some fall treats
  3. Halloween movie marathon
  4. Hike at Starved Rock State Park and/or go on a fall foliage tour
  5. Read a spooky or cozy book
  6. Press fall leaves
  7. Enjoy some apple cider donuts
  8. Light a fall candle
  9. Go apple picking
  10. Wear a cozy sweater
  11. Decorate for fall
  12. Go on a walk and enjoy the cool weather
  13. Shop local at the farmer’s market
  14. Create or find an autumn-inspired playlist 
  15. Cook some cozy fall meals

Again, these are just a few of the many things you can do this season. Autumn is one of the most beautiful seasons of the year and it offers so many activities for us to enjoy, no matter what your interests are. I hope you found some fun ideas for your own fall bucket list this year and are excited to have an amazing autumn this year!

Harshita is currently a junior studying Information Systems and Human Resources at Loyola University Chicago. She is passionate about traveling, hiking, cuddling her two cats, and discovering cruelty-free beauty.