This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Name: Emma Buchanan

Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa

Major and Minor(s): International Studies major, Spanish minor

Year: Sophomore

Relationship status: In a relationship ;)

Heritage: Scandinavian, Mexican, and a whole bunch of other stuff

Interested in: Men

How would you describe yourself in three words? Compassionate, intelligent, goofy. 

What organizations are you involved in on campus? Kappa Kappa Gamma, Loyola 4 Chicago, and volunteering at Centro Romero every week. I’m looking to expand that list next semester but I’m also in the Loyola Honors Program and I work at the LLRC!

Favorite restaurant? Or shopping spot? Hmm… eating is like my #1 favorite hobby so… I’ll have to go with Sakari, an amazing sushi restaurant in Des Moines. I like shopping at local stores and anywhere I can go to H&M, Urban Outfitters, or Nordstrom Rack. I’m also a pretty big thrift shopper.

Who are your favorite music artists? That’s a hard one! My favorite song ever is “Just Like Heaven” by The Cure. I love a lot of different artists: Wilco, Modest Mouse, Weezer, Of Monsters and Men, The Head and the Heart, Marina and the Diamonds, Beyonce (DUH). Those are some of my favorites right now!

Do you have any hobbies or secret talents? I love doodling! I do it in all of my classes. Doodling is a big stress reliever. I also love throwing pottery! Anything art or craft-related and I’m all over it.

Celebrity crush? Oh boy… (haha literally) I have a lot of celebrity crushes! I love Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and every woman on the US National Soccer Team ;)

What is your favorite movie? Favorite movie: Good Will Hunting; Favorite TV show: The Office (always and forever, eternally)

What has been your most memorable experience at Loyola? I’ve had so many memorable experiences at Loyola, it’s hard to only think of one. Some of my most memorable experiences have been volunteering through Loyola 4 Chicago. The kids at Centro Romero are amazing and I absolutely love spending time helping them with homework and playing games with them every week. Of course, being initiated into Kappa Kappa Gamma was a very memorable experience, I love my sorority and all of the amazing women I have gotten to know through it.

Favorite season? Fall! The scenery is beautiful and I like cool weather.

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Anywhere in the world… I would go to all Seven Wonders of the World (that might be cheating cause they’re all over) but that is definitely on my bucket list! I’m not sure that I could choose one country— I’m so excited to travel all over Europe when I study in Spain this fall!

Uljana is a sophomore at Loyola University Chicago studying Computer Science and Spanish. She is a memeber of Alpha Delta Pi sorority, LuTech, and EDMA. She loves foreign languages and speaks 4 of them.
Molly is the Loyola University Chicago CC, a PR consultant and fashion merchandiser by day, a blogger by night, and a coffee addict all the time. She's a Starbucks and Sephora VIP member, which is both a blessing and a curse, and would rather get Valentino than a Valentine. Her interior design efforts usually incorporate elk, while her wardrobe consists of black, black, and slightly darker shades of black.