Chicago Food Review: Edie’s All Day Cafe & Bar Is The Perfect Place For All Your Meals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Located at 354 W Hubbard Street, Edie’s All Day Cafe & Bar offers breakfast, lunch and dinner along with a list of unique lattes and an open bar. With two locations, the other is in the Marlowe Apartments at 675 N Wells Street. 

Here is a food review done by me, Sarah Sommers. 

Below you will find the script of this video.

Today, we are trying Edie’s All-Day Cafe And Bar which was founded in 2020, amidst the pandemic. Located on Hubbard Street within Printer’s Row, this cafe is the perfect spot for brunch with the girls or a meal with your family. This industrial-style restaurant is only a few blocks away from the Merchandise Mart stop on both the Brown and Purple Lines via the CTA. Once inside, you are welcomed with checkered floors, a ceiling full of plants and hints of pink. On top of the aesthetic, the hostess greets you with a welcoming smile which leads way into the rest of the bubbly and kind service throughout the restaurant. 

Once sitting down, you immediately feel comfortable and are ready to dive into their wide variety of foods on the menu. If you are joining them for breakfast, choose from parfaits, pancakes, protein bowls and much more along with a list of unique lattes. For lunch or dinner, you can enjoy wraps, burgers and much more. Of course, with all this comes the bar and pastries served at the front counter. 

Diving into our meal today, starting off strong with this Choco-nut latte. Made with Chocolate and hazelnut syrup, this double shot espresso latte is topped with chocolate shavings and offers you a sweet treat while getting your caffeine in. Although I finished mine, I must warn you, this is a drink made for someone with a sweet tooth. I enjoyed every sip but with so much chocolate flavoring in it, it can make your teeth sensitive at times. 

Next, the main course in our case is a classic, the blueberry pancakes. These three lemon ricotta pancakes topped with blueberries was the perfect balance of pancake to blueberries and I never felt like either element was overpowering. The pancakes were fluffy and honestly, the size of my face. From the picture on the menu, mine came out much bigger and the server said it depends on who is cooking. Either way, small or big, I would order these again. 

Since it is a basic breakfast item, I’m glad they somehow elevated the flavor and experience. The blueberries were juicy enough to make your mouth water and the pancakes were thick enough and the perfect golden brown color. 

Before leaving, I made sure to grab a butter croissant to go and it was worth it. With the perfect amount of flakiness and evident layers of butter within it, I can confidently say that Edie knows how to make any type of food. 

In addition to the Hubbard location, there is a cafe within the Marlowe Apartments on Wells Street which offers almost everything on their menu. 

Sarah is from Dayton, Ohio and is currently studying MultiMedia Journalism at Loyola University Chicago. She enjoys thrifting, traveling, fashion, film photography and lifestyle. She is a creative person and finds comfort in writing, exploring the great city of Chicago, and listening to music. Her dream job is to travel and see the world as she writes about different cultures and activities to do in those different countries. Instagram: @sarahgsommers