Style

5 Tiny Tattoos to Celebrate Libra Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Tattoos have long been viewed as a way to express who you are and what you care about. In the same way, zodiac is all about your deepest self, both reflected inward and projected outward. This Libra season, what better way to celebrate than to combine the two with a gorgeous statement? Here are our picks for the five best tattoos to get before the season is over:

The Constellation

What better way to kick off this list then with the Libra constellation itself?! Depicted as scales of justice, this constellation is the only one in the zodiac that represents an object instead of an animal or mythological character. The four brightest stars in the constellation are Alpha and Beta Librae and Gamma and Sigma Librae, with Beta Librae (also known as Zubeneschamali) shining the brightest – just like yourself.

Something Romantic

Show off your romantic side with a red rose! Venus is the ruling planet for a Libra, which lends itself to plenty of love. It’s such a powerful force in a Libra’s life that most of their emotions are driven by love. Visual aesthetics and beautiful things are big in a Libra’s life, so for such intense passion, don’t be afraid to get a bit bold with it!

Go Geometric

Libras are famous for their love of balance, fairness, and harmony. Rather than settling for a regular scale of justice, you can make it a little more abstract with a symmetrical tattoo. Geometric patterns are perfect for this and allow you to show off your justice and level-headedness in a fresh, modern fashion.

For the Peaceful

One common trait between Libras is their proclivity for peace–both in their relationships and in their environments. You often do your best to bring calm to a stressful situation, and you deserve a tattoo that reflects this. Lavender is known to bring that same sense of peace, which makes it the perfect visual to reflect your inner self.

The Symbol

Another classic design, but one that’s impossible to leave out, is the Libra symbol. It’s a tattoo that’s as charming as its sign and exists without the clutter or mess that Libras can’t stand. And because it’s sleek, elegant, and tiny, it becomes the perfect piece of art for this list and for the indulgent and cerebral Libra.

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.