Meredith Kress-Converse And Fallen Leaves
Meredith Kress / Her Campus

Staying in Louisville for Fall Break? Well, I Just Made Plans for You.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

Fall break is here, and lots of people are either heading home or on vacation, but what if you are staying right here. If you are staying in Louisville over the fall break it can be hard to find activities to do, but fear not, I found them so you don’t have to. This is a list of activities to do if you’re staying right here in Louisville over fall break!

•  Haunted houses

There are several haunted houses to go to located right in the city of Louisville. Most of these haunted houses are priced at around twenty dollars. Some highly rated haunted houses in Louisville include the Field of Screams, Danger Run and the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. If you are looking to be scared this fall, I highly recommend checking out some of these haunted attractions. 

• Parks 

If you are looking to get active this fall break, there are some beautiful parks in Louisville that are absolutely free. Here, you can take a jog, hike, or bring the dog for a walk. My personal favorite park in Louisville is Cherokee Park. There is a two and a half mile scenic trail and a fenced in dog-park. This park is very popular, so if you are looking for something more secluded, you could also try Shawnee park, or the Jefferson Memorial Park. Here, you can even go horseback riding or fishing. 

• Museums

For those looking to stay educated while on a break from school. Louisville has so many amazing museums. Right on the University of Louisville’s campus is the Speed Art Museum. This museum has been around since 1927 and is a very prominent art museum in Louisville. This museum is even free for University of Louisville students! For those more interested in history, the Frazier Museum is another great option. There are even museums for people who like sports. The Muhammad Ali center, and the Louisville Slugger Museum display the history of sports right here in Louisville. Be aware that most of these museums do cost money. The average price for the mentioned museums is about ten dollars. 

• Fourth Street Live

Fourth Street Live has a little bit of everything for everyone. Whether you just want to go to a good restaurant, watch a game on a big screen, or hit the bars, Fourth Street Live has it all. There are a lot of events that take place here as well. Bands and artists often play here as well. Although this may not be the cheapest option if you are on a budget. If you have some wallet wiggle room, and you are looking to see some live music over the break, then Fourth Street Live is the place to be! 

• Mega Caverns

For those looking for some adventure over the short break, The Louisville Mega Caverns are caves underneath the city of Louisville. In the Caverns, they offer walking tours, zip lining, tram rides, and even bike tours. Each of the different tours is at a different price point but those prices range from 20 to 80 dollars, so this is going to be the most expensive thing on this list. If you have free time and have saved some cash, this is a thrilling experience that is highly recommended.

Maddie Nuxoll

Louisville '20

UofL History Major. Helping you get through school one HerCampus article at a time.
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!