This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

There are tons of local places to eat in Louisville and so many of them carry the best type of food known to man, pizza. With the vast amount of options available, it is almost necessary for someone to try all of them. I did exactly that, I ate a whole lot of pizza just so you don’t have to. So if you live in the Louisville area, or are coming for a visit, I’’m about to tell you which pizza is worth your money.

Derby City Pizza

Coming in last place is Derby City Pizza. For someone who advertises themselves as the best pizza in Louisville, they leave a lot to be desired. The real killer here was the sauce recipe. It just did not taste right at all. I would not recommend this pie for anyone unless you want the equivalent of a grocery store frozen pizza. I do, however, hear they have good sandwiches but I know you all are here for the pizza. 

Bonnie and Clyde’s

This pizza place was highly recommended to me by several people but it did not seem to live up to expectations. The pizza would have been fine if it were not for the crust. The crust tasted just like it had been frozen. As much as it was recommended, it is possible that I just got a bad pizza or they had an off day, but this particular pizza that I received was not satisfying.

The Post 

The Post is already in a different league than the first two. It was overall a much better pizza in terms of the sauce and the crust. It is a good pizza but it is not the best pizza in Louisville by any means. I would recommend a slice from the Post but it is also not anything overly special. 

Za’s

3 out of 5 Stars

Za’s is also along the same lines as the Post. It is a good place to get pizza, but it is not the best pizza that I have ever had. I would gladly eat this pizza again, but it is still nothing more than an average pizza. Most pizza is good pizza and while these two places were good, they definitely did not strike me as the best places to get local pizza in Louisville. 

Impellizzeri’s Pizza

You absolutely cannot go wrong with any of the next few places. Impellizzeri’s has long been known as one of the best places to get pizza in Louisville. It is well worth it to get a pizza from impellizaris. I prefer however, a more New York style slice, which is why this pizza is not higher on my list 

Spinellis

Spinellis is one of the best places to get a good New York style slice of pizza. The slices are huge and the restaurant gives off a very cool underground atmosphere. The pizza tastes great and was honestly one of the coolest places that I have been inside. I would highly recommend this pizza to anyone who loves New York style pizza or just good pizza in general. 

Fat Jimmy’s

This pizza place is absolutely the most underrated place on this list. It is a small little place in the middle of a slew of other establishments. I had never heard of it before and only found it by looking up pizza places online. I was the only customer, which is honestly a crime. The workers were so kind and helpful as well. The only thing better than the workers was the pizza itself. It was a little messy but personally, I think that makes it so much better. I would highly recommend this pizza place, and I plan on going there again. 

Diorio’s

Coming in on the very top of this list, is Diorio’s. This has been the absolute best local pizza place that I have tried. The pizza was delicious and the atmosphere of the restaurant was just as good. This place is also home to a 30 inch pizza which is also quite amazing. I can almost guarantee that you will not be disappointed with this place. Overall, I could argue that this is the best local pizza in Louisville. 

Maddie Nuxoll

Louisville '20

UofL History Major. Helping you get through school one HerCampus article at a time.
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!