This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

How hard is it to be kind? This is one of the many questions that I think about from time to time. The world could use more of it. You do not know what that person is dealing with, outside of work or school. It is so much going on that we do not speak on, for personal reasons. And that is ok. 

seeking human kindness sign
Photo by Matt Collamer from Unsplash
To me, it is not hard at all. Overall, I am a sweetheart and I have a big heart in this tiny body of mine lol. I like to see people in a good mood, especially if I know you. I can light up a room with my personality. I am all for being considerate of others; a simple hello or a small gesture goes a long way. 

Learn to be mindful and considerate is all. Everyone has things on their plate as it is, there is no need to make their day worse by being mean. Also, learn to take accountability for your actions and learn from the situation. Do better next time, nobody is perfect or better than the next at the end of the day. 

Smiley face on the street
Photo by Jacqueline Munguia from Unsplash
We need more uplifting than bashing, we need more love than hate; eventually living our life would be so much simpler. It only takes a few seconds of your time. I do not expect a lot of people to do this, it is the thought that counts. 

Melanie Munoz

Louisiana Tech '22

Senior at Louisiana Tech University; Graphic design major I'm all about uplifting women, it's needed
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!