Hero Images with HC Branding 11?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hero Images with HC Branding 11?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Christina @wocintechchat via Unsplash
Wellness > Mental Health

“Hey, My Eyes Are Up Here!” – Big Breasted Women Can Relate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

It is already difficult to find clothes and bras that fit properly. So, it doesn’t really help when people are constantly pointing or staring at our clothing flaws. I personally suffer from the consequences of having a big cup size which results in me getting unnecessary attention and being told that I am “showing too much.” A simple v-neck would even get me into trouble. Why it had to be our our genes that do not meet the average clothing sizes that is offered regularly by the industry, I couldn’t tell you. In addition to that, even if we were to try to get clothes custom made or adjusted, these changes would cost a pretty penny. So, how do us ladies deal with such annoyance? Well to put it simply- one day at a time.

Sometimes, we have to bite the bullet in order to get the size we need, especially for important occasions like weddings, graduations, any type of professional setting and churches. I cannot count how many times I was called out because my dress showed a little cleavage and my shoulders were out. At the time, I did what I was told to do. However looking back, i was in a church setting, so their attention should not have been on me like that anyway.

Another option I personally considered is getting breast reduction surgery. Now I am aware some women actually love their size and may even want them to get bigger (which is awesome! Get after it.). On the other hand, some of us believe that our lives would be simpler and cheaper if our sizes was a few cups smaller. I still do think about it, so I have been looking more into it. One thing I failed to see before was losing a part of your identity due to being noticed most of the time because of our chest. Also, your chest can go back to its original size because of your genes or poor diet. On the plus side, many women who do go through the surgery say it was one of the best decisions they ever made.

Lastly, and more commonly, we still slay with the clothes we have. Let’s face it, the clothes may not fit perfectly to a “T”, but they fit just well enough to cover the places we want to be covered. We try our best to make sure we follow necessary dress codes. However, we cannot alter how our breasts would naturally hug shirts or dresses. They are big and they are here to stay by our choice.

I understand that at times the looks and side comments can get to you. Sometimes it gets so bad that you start to feel a little insecure about it. It doesn’t matter whether your breasts size is too big or small, there will always be someone to criticize you no matter what you do. Beauty is feeling, not a size, shape, or color. Own your look and rock it!

Brianna Fielding

Louisiana Tech '22

Hello! I am junior at LA Tech University. My major is Medical Technology but what I really love to do is be creative. Whether it is DIY projects, sewing, painting, etc. Random fact:I love sunflowers and roses! (Best combination of flowers to me) ^_^
Kristen Bastin

Louisiana Tech '20

Technical Writing and Creative Writing student at Louisiana Tech.