This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Whether this is your last or first year on campus, it’s so important to make long-lasting memories while you’re in school. One way to do this is by spending some quality time on your campus. Almost every college campus is starting to hum with that back-to-school hustle and bustle. It’s a great time to spend some time soaking it all in.

If you’ve never studied on campus, you’re doing it wrong. Something about the atmosphere makes studying in your favorite spot on campus the perfect way to feel productive and get everything done. I personally love doing homework on the top floor of the College of Business building.

Another fun thing to do on campus is having a picnic. Sitting down in the grass, with the sunshine on your face is a feeling like no other. This can be a great thing to do for a date or just hanging out with friends. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy campus life.

One thing me and my roommate have loved doing is taking photoshoots around campus. Whether it is just because, for graduation, or to remember your college days, a photoshoot makes memories you’ll be looking back on for years.

Going for a walk is a refreshing way to enjoy the campus sights. If you’ve never truly walked around campus just to take it all in, now is the time. You never know if you’ll run into the mascot or a friendly face.

Lastly, you can go to the library! You’d be surprised at how many people have never been to the library on their campus. Visiting the library is a must before you leave campus. If there are other buildings or sights you haven’t seen go check those out too!

One day you’ll look back and wish you would’ve taken advantage of the time you had on campus. Before it’s too late go enjoy it, explore, and make memories you’ll have forever.

As a little girl, I spent hours writing stories. Obviously they weren't exactly bestsellers, but it was my passion nevertheless. I would fill up my notebooks with everything I didn't know how to say out loud, and anything I could imagine. Now, as a college student, I'm chasing my dream one word at a time. I'm currently studying English and Marketing, with the intention of becoming an editor.