This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Bored out or your mind? Need a day to relax and ease your mind or a day to procrastinate to find a show to binge watch? Netflix has a category of original tv shows (and movies) that are specifically made for the company. If you’re in the mood to spend hours endlessly watching tv shows on Netflix, here are some Originals to keep your mind occupied and entertained. 

Anne With an ‘E’ (PG)

Anne With an E is a remake of the classic Anne of Green Gables series by L. M. Montgomery. Taking a twist on a beloved classic, the story follows the original storyline of Anne and her journey to being adopted by a loving family, The Cuthberts. The first season is available on Netflix. 

On My Block (TV-14)

Gangs, love, mysteries, money, friendship. On My Block tells the story of a group of friends that try to help their friend from becoming a gang member in their community. The story of loyalty, friendship, treasure hunting captures the characters on a chase to save their friend.   The first season is available on Netflix.

13 Reason Why (TV-MA, trigger warnings)

This show is based on the young adult novel by Jay Asher. The show portrays the life of Hannah, the girl that leaves cassette tapes for people who have done wrong in life, before her passing. The main character, Clay, follows the tapes to find out what happened that caused Hannah’s death. This show does contain sensitive content, watch at your own risk. Season 1 is available on Netflix and Season 2 is coming to Netflix soon. 

Chewing Gum (TV-MA)

Finding the meaning of life and virginity, while living in a strict religious family, Chewing Gum shows the life of Tracey, a girl who is looking for love. The show has twists and turns that Tracey gets herself into while trying to achieve her goal of finding love while looking up to her mentor: Beyoncé. Seasons 1 and 2 are available on Netflix. 

Nailed It (TV-PG)

Desserts can look gorgeous after time and work out into the desserts. Rapunzel tower cakes, presidential cakes, even making cookies with your own face on them. Sometimes practicing can end up failing and having a hot mess instead. Nailed It brings in amateur bakers to try dot recreate decorative desserts. The winner with the closest desserts wins $10,000. Season 1 is available on Netflix.   

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (TV-14)

Coffee, Paul Anka, and Luke’s. Continuing the story of the Gilmore family after, season 7. A Year in the Life shows years after Rory has left college and chosen an internship that leads to her career. The limited show is split into four chapters with the names of seasons to show a timespan of a year. The town of Stars Hollow welcomes Rory with its nostalgic feeling as if Rory and the audience had never left.   

Stranger Things (TV- 14)

Video games, D&D, and pollywogs. Stranger Things, centered in 1983, follows a party of friends that try to find their missing friend. They discover that we aren’t the only creatures inhabiting Earth along humans. Opening a new portal to a new world that makes them curious about the new world that they discover. The sci-fi show has been popular for the plot and the actors on the show. Season 1 and 2 are available on Netflix. 

The Ranch (TV-MA)

A famous hometown high school football player returns home after attempting of achieving his dream of being an NFL player returns to his hometown to find his family ranch struggling to survive. The show deals with family, beer, and of course, football while the family tries to save their family-owned ranch. Parts 1-4 are available on Netflix.   

Santa Clarita Diet (TV-14)

Modern-day zombies aren’t the typical risen from the dead zombies that we’ve all grown up knowing. Santa Clarita Diet follows a modern-day family with a big, life-threatening secret: one of the members is a zombie that must feed on humans to survive. Searching for a cure while trying to keep the secret under wraps, the family goes through the stuccoes in everyday life with some undead surprises along the way. Seasons 1 and 2 are available on Netflix.  

Orange is the New Black (TV-MA)

Some people go skydiving, travel, or even hike to get thrills out of life. Piper Chapman took a different path to find the thrill and has now landed herself in prison. Following her year in prison with other inmates, Piper gets a look on the inside of the prison walls of Litchfield.  Battling reputation, romance, and contact with the outside world, Piper gets a new perspective on life while staying on the inside with her cellmates. Seasons 1-5 is now available on Netflix.  

Binge watching is meant to keep you watching something over and over. The tv shows are some to keep you constantly watching. So grab your laptop or remote, put on some comfortable PJs and binge-watch till your heart’s content.  

Gwendolyn is a Louisiana Tech University graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. She worked as a contributing writer under the La Tech HC Chapter. In her free time, she loves to read, write, edit, listen to music, watch movies, and explore new places and things. She plans to find work in book publishing for children's books.