Why it’s OK to Not be Caught Up on This Season of The Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By Maddie Mackler

Hello Bachelor nation! It’s been a few weeks into the latest season of the Reality TV empire, and honestly I’m as exhausted as Colton looks in literally every single episode this season. It’s been a busy time of the year for everyone, but The Bachelor kept on trucking through the weeks.  If you aren’t caught up, it is completely fine, and I am here to tell you why.

For all the hate that Colton’s got, (from my parents included), he doesn’t deserve it.  He’s the every-man, and by every-man, I mean he is very relatable to the college woman who is watching. Colton is so over all of this drama, and whenever he mentions it, which is every episode, I shout at the TV “SAME!”  I’m glad that Colton is over talking about his virginity, because honestly it doesn’t matter. At first I was hoping that the show would take a mature stance on the topic of virginity, but NOPE. All the virgin stuff is played for jokes by the women.

Speaking of the women, a majority are low-key to high-key crazy.  Demi is a standout, because she’s the loudest, but sometimes she is in the right.  My friend told me that she would want Demi as the friend she’s not close to, and that is the best way to describe this girl. The rest of the girls blend into the background, but also don’t seem to know how The Bachelor works. Like they get upset, because Colton isn’t coming to them. That’s just ridiculous. The show has been on forever, all of them should know how this works.

The biggest problem with this season is the lack of Chris Harrison. Where is Chris Harrison? I miss my Reality TV show dad. After that amazing tribute he got on the premiere, he seemed to disappear, only coming out to announce the rose ceremonies. Chris has become the show’s therapist. I hope to see him soon, when Colton eventually jumps the fence.

The show still has the drama, but each fight ends within the episode, and it’s the same thing over and over again, so don’t stress if you miss an episode or half of a season, because you can predict exactly what’s going to happen next.

Her Campus LMU
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.