What You Need to Make the Most of The Beach This Summer

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Finals are over, thankfully. Hopefully you are settling into a relaxing summer routine after cramming those late hours in the library over the past few weeks. While summer is great, we all know it always passes quicker than expected and before you know it we will be back on campus overwhelmed with a bunch of schoolwork without any motivation to do it. Let’s make it a goal to make this summer the best yet, and enjoy every minute.  So if you are interning at your dream job or just babysitting the annoying kid down the street, we hope you can make time for a good beach day here and there. We have put together a list of a few must-haves to make each beach day amazing

First and foremost you need the perfect summer suit. I recommend buying one or two that fit great and will last you the whole season. Let’s be honest you don’t need 50 tops and bottoms to mix and match. A few great suits it more than enough. Planet Blue, Urban Outfitters and ASOS are great online places to check out.

To go along with whatever new suite you pick you need to get those legs in shape. No, I’m not referring about hitting the gym; I am talking about a proper shave. To do so we recommend Pure Silk Shaving Cream. A layer of this and you will be ready to hit the beach, hopefully with that summer fling of yours.

Some would argue that all beach towels are made equal, but even if that’s true you might as well have a cute on, right? Don’t even think about hitting the beach without a towel that speaks to your personal style.  Not sure where to look? This one from Vera Bradley is a great option.

Getting a good spot on the sand sometimes involves a plan and great execution to beat the crowds. If you are heading out too early to grab Starbucks or don’t want to waste time stopping consider taking your coffee to go in this travel mug from CamelBak. You can get your caffeine fix and a prime spot for tanning without compromise.

If you are lucky enough to be heading to a beach out of town for a day or two but haven’t planned out where to stay don’t worry. Simply check out this new app; spots. On spots you can find a place to stay, hosted by students at reasonable prices. You may end up meeting new people in the process. Think of the perfect combination of airbnb and bumble, well if you’re lucky.

Hopefully you are ready to have a summer to remember and come back in the fall with an impressive tan.