This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

This is a crazy time. Everything we have been looking forward to has been canceled, and we can’t see our friends and loved ones. However, there are a lot of ways to let those you love know you are with them, especially those who are at the greatest risk of coronavirus. 

Hygge Header
Stella Rose on Unsplash

Get Your Bake On

Those who are older and have compromised immune systems risk their lives just going out to the grocery stores, so surprise them with some goodies. For example, I made my grandparents cookies and zucchini bread. Just something small to let them know we are there for them and thinking of them. 

Facetime Your Loved Ones

I know many people who are quarantined by themselves. Don’t let them be lonely though. Give them a call. Check-in on their mental health. It is a scary time, but hearing from my loved ones always helps ease that for me. 

Ask How You Can Help

Ask those who can’t ask how you can help them. We are fortunately young and healthy college students, so instead of partying put your youth to good use. Do they need groceries? Do they need some more wine? Just check-in to see how you can help them during this time?

Treat yo self gif
Giphy

Take care of yourself. You can not help anyone else if you don’t take care of yourself. Make sure you are getting some fresh air. Maybe do a face mask and listen to your favorite album or TV show. Read a good book. Turn off the news once in a while so you are not always surrounded by the pandemic. 

I hope all of you are doing okay. Together we will get through this. We all must make sacrifices and they are hard, but they will be worth the lives saved. Stay safe and healthy Her Campus Family!

Hi I’m Sara Pool. I am a English and journalism double major at LMU. I love writing and blogging, especially about food! In my free time I love going to the beach and playing volleyball.
Her Campus LMU