By: Anna Bybee
WARNING: ITS CUFFING SEASON!
It is that time of year again where the boys are actually pursuing girls and forming relationships rather than the infamous “hook up and bail” method. You may not be aware, but these patterns of “talking,” relationships, and even engagements are no coincidence at all. In fact, these are all part of a phenomenon called Cuffing Season. Urban Dictionary defines it as: “During the Fall and Winter months people who would normally rather be single or promiscuous find themselves along with the rest of the world desiring to be "Cuffed," or tied down by a serious relationship. The cold weather and prolonged indoor activity causes singles to become lonely and desperate to be cuffed.”
For some, Cuffing Season is their time to shine, the moment they have been waiting for. The time to volunteer as tribute. The boy you want realizes you are a must-have. Break out those handcuffs to cuff or be cuffed!
Here are some tips for a most successful cuffing season:
1. Know that you are not the only victim of cuffing season. It is all around you!
2. Make him work for it! Get that perfect first date, and do not settle for “Netflix and Chill.”
3. Try to get that New Year’s kiss you have always wanted.
4. Choose wisely. Do not settle for old boyfriends or hookups who are knocking on your door out of desperation.
5. Know that Cuffing Season, despite its seeming intensity, does not have to be taken that seriously. Whether short-term or long-term, the rules are up to you. Uncuff at any time!
Best of luck out there, and may all of your dreams come true during cuffing season.