This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s finally spring, Her Campus readers! Hopefully you’ve done something to celebrate the season’s arrival. While I do look forward to warmer days, lazy weekends spent at farmer’s markets, and no longer having to leave the house in a coat, what I’m most excited about is finally updating my wardrobe! If you feel the same, here is a quick guide to four of the biggest trends to look out for in Spring 2021. Happy shopping! 

Color to wear: Marigold

According to Pantone and the runways, the biggest color to wear for the spring/summer seasons is marigold! Other trendy colors to look out for are cerulean, rust, french blue, and burnt coral. Pantone’s official Fashion Color Trend Report has proclaimed these gorgeous shades to be “inspired by the beauty of nature” while also reflective of the flexibility and reinvention. Much of my fall/winter wardrobe consisted of gorgeous neutrals that worked well with my love for outfits with mixed textures and layering. I can’t wait to play around more with color! In the same report, Pantone also describes the trending colors as, “emphasizing themselves to original color statements and whose flexibility easily adapts to our new and more fragmented lifestyle.” Here’s to hoping that the arrival of spring will both breathe new life into our closest and into our hurting world. 

Knit Sets

I’ve been loving seeing knit sets show up all over my Instagram feed. Based on current events, this is probably the most relatable trend that’s popped up for the summer! Most of us have most likely been living in loungewear for the past year and are absolutely loving it. But as we approach the possibility of a post-pandemic world, will loungewear as every day still be acceptable? It will in Spring 2021! Investing in knit sets is the perfect way to look and feel put together even if you’re just sitting in front of a computer screen for hours at a time. They’re so comfy and oh so cute! If you’re looking to add some to your wardrobe, look for sets in geometric patterns, fun fabrics, and interesting textures!

Silky Details 

Chic, ultra-feminine, and classic. Pairing silk maxi skirts and dresses with relaxed, “casual” pieces is an easy way to look effortlessly good wherever you go (a Covid-safe night on the town or on your sofa for reruns of Sex and the City). Many of the popular styles tend to cling closer to your curves, and then end either right below the knee or above the ankle. If you’re on the shorter side like me, this trend is for you too! Don’t let height stop you from wearing them. Silk shirts (especially those resembling simple lingerie) are also a perfect way to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe. Pair them with a pair of structured jeans and you’ve got a completely timeless and versatile outfit. Remember: it all depends on how you decide to accessorize!

Pretty Pouf-sleeves

Could Bridgerton be the inspiration for their return? Pouf-sleeves are officially back and the perfect way to have some fun with silhouettes. There are so many ways to pull off this trend without resembling someone from Daphne Bridgerton’s fabulous world. My favorite way to wear pouf-sleeves is on a shirt tucked into a pair of distressed jeans and, when wearing mini dresses, with a cute pair of kitten heels (think the 1960s rather than 1860s). I’ve spotted pouf-sleeves on everything from evening gowns to t-shirts. If you’re looking to add some to your closet, do yourself a favor and check Zara! They have hundreds of gorgeous options that work with every style imaginable. Daphne Brigderton rocked them, and so should you! I can’t promise you’ll catch the attention of a handsome duke, but you’ll definitely turn some heads in the best way. 

That’s all I have for you today! While I only covered four, there are so many more amazing trends that you can keep an eye out for. And if you’re not loving them, florals for spring will always be – as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada says –  “groundbreaking.” As always, thank you for reading and I hope you and your loved ones stay happy, healthy, and hopeful. 

Good luck!

Hello, my name is Maya Thomas and I'm an English major & Journalism minor from Bellevue, Washington. I love writing about fashion trends, travel, and classic literature!
Rylie Walsh is a recent graduate of Loyola Marymount University, where she earned her degree in Communication Studies and English! She was President of Her Campus LMU for the 2021-22 school year and is also a Her Campus National Writer. When she's not reading, writing, or working, you can find her hanging out with friends, SoulCycling, or enjoying her all time favorite dessert: a Pressed freeze.