REVOLVE’s Pop- Up Shop: Meeting Sincerely Jules

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Living in Los Angeles has its perks. From celebrity sightings to sample sales galore, we always get lucky with the city we live in. One perk that keeps on giving this holiday season is the REVOLVE Pop-Up shop at The Grove. For those of you who try to stay away from the black hole that is online shopping, REVOLVE is a well-known online retailer. They carry brands like Lovers and Friends and Wildfox, with items in a variety of price ranges. Until now the store had been strictly online, but for a few months this winter, REVOLVE has set up shop at The Grove.

As if it wasn’t enough that their designer picks are now a short drive away, the pop-up has planned events that any fashionista would kill to attend. The first event they held was a meet-and-greet with Chiara Ferragni, the fashionable Italian behind The Blonde Salad. After missing their first event, we knew we had to make it to the second that the shop was holding.  The next event happened to be hosted by one of our favorite bloggers, Julie Sariñana of Sincerely, Jules.  

Julie Sariñana started her blog in 2009 and since then has developed quite a following. Born in Durango, Mexico, and raised in Los Angeles, she started her blog while she was a student at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) here in Los Angeles. It started as a way to keep herself inspired while she was in school, and since then she has climbed to 1.7 million Instagram followers and 40,000 Twitter fans. Her laid back, Cali-inspired street style is the perfect inspo for any college-aged girl. Unlike many of her peers, Sariñana wears a mix of high and low end designers, and isn’t afraid to repeat pieces. While there are so many bloggers to love in LA, not many of us can afford Chanel everything with a college-sized budget. Sincerely, Jules provides attainable looks using pieces from stores like Zara, J. Crew, Converse and many more price-conscious stores.

Sariñana’s widespread appeal made her the perfect blogger to host an event at REVOLVE’s pop up shop. When we arrived at the event, we were surrounded by beautiful clothes and a fun atmosphere that included a DJ, cupcakes, and plenty of fashion-minded girls. Sariñana had a display set up where you could purchase her own t-shirt designs, and she even did a meet-and-greet. While these kinds of “meet-and-greet” situations can sometimes be uncomfortable, Sariñana was so friendly. We instantly felt comfortable talking with her, and she was even nice enough to answer a few questions exclusively for Her Campus LMU!

Q: What are your go-to Insta places in LA?

The LA Chapter at the Ace Hotel Downtown, Café Stella in Silverlake, or Bagatelle for brunch.

Q: What should every college-aged girl living in Los Angeles invest in?

A designer leather jacket because they are timeless so it will last you forever; the more worn the cooler it looks!

Q: What is your favorite place you’ve ever traveled that you recommend other people visit?

Brazil, it’s so beautiful and the people are so welcoming and genuine.

Q: What is the most exciting moment you’ve had in fashion so far?

I think just meeting people and building friendships with bloggers and other people all over the world through traveling. We’ve connected and built relationships, which has been the best for me because I know I can go back to that place and have friends. Also, having the opportunity to start a brand through blogging was really cool. It’s always been a dream of mine. I still have to pinch myself!

If you’re reading this wishing you had known about these events earlier, don’t fret; REVOLVE has more events coming up this holiday season. While not all the details have been released yet, we know a future event will be hosted by actress and fashion icon Jamie Chung. So keep an eye out, and we’ll keep you posted on what the REVOLVE pop up shop plans next!

Also, be sure to support Sincerely, Jules by checking out her line of t-shirts and sweatshirts. We know we can’t wait to wear her famous “Cèlfie” tee!