Questions I Have After Finishing Stranger Things 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Confession: I watched the entirety of Stranger Things season 2 in the span of four days. While the second season certainly helped fill the gaps of many plot holes from season 1, it ultimately left me with a plethora of a whole new set of questions.

Will Joyce and Hopper end up together?

Although I loved Bob Newby and his very short-lived relationship with Joyce, I couldn’t help reading into the scenes between Joyce and Hopper. Especially during the last scene of them outside of the Snow Ball- there definitely seems to be a very likely possibility of them dating in the near future. And, honestly, I am here for it!

What ever happened to Yertle the turtle?

When Dustin finds Dart, he takes his turtle out of his terrarium and places him on the floor. After this scene, Yertle is never mentioned again and the scene with Mews and Dart sadly makes me think that Yertle was probably eaten. Perhaps we’ll never know.  

What’s gonna happen to Steve?

The beginning of season two revealed that Steve is a senior in high school. Although Steve seemed to be trying to apply to college, he also suggests the possibility of staying in Hawkins and working with his dad. Nancy’s newfound relationship with Jonathan also removes Steve from the messy love triangle that was a prime subplot in season 1 and 2. So, what will happen to Steve in season 3?

Was the song at the end of the season a hint towards the Mind Flayer’s continued relationship with Will ?

The use of the song ‘Every Breath You Take’ by the Police could have some serious future  implications. Considering the fact that this song is sung in the point of view of a stalker, I am wondering whether the song was purposely chosen to imply the possibility of a continued relationship between the Mind Flayer and Will. Hopefully this isn’t the case, and Will and the kids get a break in season 3.

Is Eleven going to be called ‘Jane’ from now on?

In season two, Eleven finally meets her mother and gains significant  information about her upbringing. She even learns her birth name. However, does this mean that everyone in the show will refer to her as Jane now? Or will she continue to go through high school under the name Eleven?

With so many questions, I can barely wait for season 3!