This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.
“Willow” by Taylor Swift

This song came out in 2021, yet its prevalence in my life as of current cannot be understated. The song’s use of imagery, enticing language and soft melodies allows me to not only get deep into my studies but also soothes my nerves after a long day of class or weekend. Off the sequel album to “evermore,” this song perfectly complements its sister “cardigan” off the surprise pandemic album, “folklore,” penned by Swift. A great find for anyone needing to feel any feelings through a drive, a shower, or ruminate on thoughts before bed, it’s the perfect song to welcome in spring. 

“bellyache” by Billie Eilish 

After watching her documentary, “Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry,” I decided to go back and relisten to some of her earlier works, and this song being off her first album, “dont smile at me,” offers a more subdued sound with notes of guitar that now, being a global superstar is a rare sight to hear on any of Eilish’s new music. However, the soft alternative beats allow me to easily calm myself and get right into the work that I need to get done. Additionally, if anyone is interested in hearing Billie in her earlier days of starting out, this is the perfect song from the album to get your feet wet. 

“Wonderwall” by Oasis

I guess I must be in a bit of a time capsule (don’t judge), but who can deny the classic that is “Wonderwall” off the album. With the guitar as a base and the soft vocals, this song has proven time and time again that it can be your “wonderwall” through tough times or triumphant ones as well. This song is a classic that will continue to soothe those in bedrooms and car rides alike. 

“Lightswitch” by Charlie Puth 

This song continues to delight me each time I listen to it. It is part soft melodic song, part pop song. Each part allows me to simultaneously feel all my feelings and want to belt out all the words to the song as I drive along PCH. While this might seem on the surface like “just another pop song” in my opinion, it allows me to forget all my troubles for the few minutes it gets played. 

“you broke me first” by tate McRae and Grffyn 

This song initially was released during the onset of the pandemic in 2020. However, with the addition of a remix by Gryffin, it adds an additional layer of pop that uplifts the melancholy tone to one of more optimism. Remixes sometimes can get a bad wrap, but this one is worth a listen; whether you need a pick me up from a bad breakup, or from a long day in class, it will surely lift your spirits. 

Hi! My name is Sarah Altieri and I am from sunny Santa Monica California! I am a transfer student to LMU and I could not be more excited to be writing about subjects and topics that I am passionate about with the LMU community. In addition to writing, you can find me catching up on a latest book, sitting by the beach, or listening to Taylor Swift.