This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Goodbye, October, and hello, November! It may be time to part from the pumpkin patches and skeletons, but it’s officially time to welcome this year’s holiday season. The weather is getting colder, and the shorts are being traded in for leggings and cute knit sweaters. Here are a few of my favorite things from the month of October!

1. 10,000 Hours By Dan and Shay feat. Justin Bieber

This song is amazing! I’m a sucker for sappy, acoustic love songs and anything Justin Bieber, so when this song dropped, I listened to it on repeat for two weeks straight. The song depicts a classic love story, promising commitment and dedication. 

​2. Lose You to Love Me By Selena Gomez

Ironically enough, my other favorite song from this month is by Selena Gomez. Selena’s vulnerability shines through all of her lyrics, as she talks about the need to move on from a past relationship in order to truly find herself. It’s a message that’s all too familiar, and one that I think a lot of people can relate to. 

3. Gorjana Necklace 

This necklace is the perfect accessory to any outfit. It’s simple, delicate, and it won’t break your bank account! I love anything personalized, so I ordered this necklace for myself and for my bestie for her birthday with our names on it. It’s such a great little gift…even if the person you’re gifting it to is yourself!

4. Women’s Cozy Sherpa Lounge Sweatshirt – Colsie™  

Oh Target, you never disappoint! LA has been so cold lately, and as a Hawaii girl, I am definitely struggling. I found this sweater at Target, and it is absolutely perfect. It’s so soft, comfortable, and stylish, and the best part – it’s a great price. It’s perfect to wear to your 8 am or even wear to bed!

5. Women’s Cozy Fleece Jogger – Colsie™ 

As you can tell, I’m obsessed with Target. I was looking everywhere for a good pair of grey sweatpants (just ask my roommate, it’s all I’ve been talking about), and I finally found them. I literally haven’t been able to take these off. They fit true to size, are incredibly soft, and keep me super warm at night.

6. Tul Pens

This one’s a bit random, but these pens are just so amazing! I discovered them in the office I work at, and immediately fell in love with them. Having good pens to take notes with is a game-changer –  it can really help change your attitude towards completing assignments. These Tul pens don’t smear and write super smoothly. I now refuse to use any other pens. 

7. Glossier Bubblewrap

I was skeptical about this when I first purchased it, but this eye cream/lip plumper from Glossier is life-changing. I don’t think eye cream is necessary for your morning or nighttime routine, but you need this. I store this in my fridge and use it in the morning to wake me up and at night to soothe my under eyes. I have noticed a drastic change in the bags under my eyes too, which was a pleasant surprise, and it provides a nice base before I apply concealer under my eyes. 

8. Benefit Cosmetics ka-BROW! 

I received this as a gift, and I never knew that I needed this until I had it. I naturally have very dark and defined brows, but this product gives my brows a little more shape and structure. It’s able to stay on my face, even without gel over it, and it’s survived a SoulCycle class – sweat tested and proven! It’s buildable, so you can give your brows a feathery look, which I personally prefer, or you can build it up to be bold for a night out!

9. Laird Superfood – Original Superfood Creamer 

If anyone knows me, they know that I am a coffee snob. I have my mom to thank for this, but unlike her, I like my coffee with some cream. It’s so difficult nowadays to find coffee creamers with natural sugars, but I’ve officially found the one! Laird Superfood is by Laird Hamilton, the famous surfer, and it only has four ingredients – coconut milk powder, organic coconut sugar, aquamin, and organic extra virgin coconut oil. Aquamin is a nutrient found in algae that contains calcium, magnesium, and 72 trace nutrients. Overall, this creamer adds extra sweetness to your coffee while providing you with some added nutrients!

10. Spindrift Sparkling Water Thanks to my roommate, I am now obsessed with flavored sparkling water. Spindrift is super tasty, and the raspberry lime flavor – my personal favorite – only contains four ingredients! Its made up of carbonated water, raspberry puree, raspberry juice, and fresh lime juice (with no added sugar and it’s only nine calories). If you’re the type of person to not drink enough water simply because it “has no flavor,” Spindrift is a great alternative. This is rather embarrassing, but my roommate and I go through one case from Costco a week!

Nikki is a senior at LMU from Honolulu, Hawai'i and is majoring in Communications Studies with minors in Journalism and Health and Society. She is also the president of Her Campus LMU.