This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Let me start by saying I’ve never used self-tanner before in my life. So, the fact I was able to get my hands on the Bondi Sands self-tanner line was like stepping into a whole new, and very bronze, world. 

Like any rational, non-self-tan user, I spent days researching the ins and outs of self-tanner application. I also spent plenty of time doing my research about Bondi Sands. Going into a self-tan application blindly just isn’t a great idea; did you know exfoliation and semi-moisturization is key to a streak-free and even application? Well, I didn’t know, but I’m sure glad I did my research. It was even more comforting to know that the line from Bondi Sands includes the world’s first Tan Eraser

After a lengthy shower spent exfoliating and buffing every inch of my body (ouch), I was ready to get started. It’s recommended to apply a thin layer of lotion to areas of skin that are particularly thin (knees, elbows, ankles, and feet). From my hours of research, I found this method to be particularly important in preventing streaks or super blotchy areas. 

First things first, the entire collection smells like vacation in a bottle. The sweet, coconut smell takes me back to days where I was lying on the beach in warm, sunny weather. So, at the very least this Aussie brand was going to leave me and my bathroom smelling like a vacation, too. Not off to a bad start. 

Then, it came time for the application. One of the best parts of the Bondi Sands collection is their application mitt. If there was one thing I was scared about going into this it was orange, streaky hands. Well, by putting the mitt on, I didn’t have to worry about that. Problem solved. 

Beyond smelling like a vacation on an island in the sun, I was looking pretty golden right after applying the Dark Tanning Foam. Although, the trick is to let it sit for the maximum amount of time before rinsing off. If you were in a hurry, it says to wait 2-3 hours before rinsing off. But, honestly, where’s the fun in that? I let mine sit overnight because I wanted to reap maximum rewards for my efforts. 

LET ME TELL YOU – The Bondi Sands self-tanner foam was super easy to apply, left me with a great base tan, and sufficiently removed my fear of self-tanner forever. This will be my go-to for events, parties, and festivals this summer. Did I mention you can pick this up at Walgreens? How awesome is that!

I'm a dog and cat mom- Trigger (the dog) and Rogue (the kitty). I am active by nature, so sitting idle is never an option. I love finding new areas of LA to explore and I am on an endless hunt for the best pizza this city has to offer.
Her Campus LMU