How to Decorate for Halloween for Under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

With Halloween quickly approaching, it’s time to get into the spooky spirit! Just because we’re in college doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get to deck out our living spaces for holidays. That being said, decorations at big party stores can get pretty pricey, but don’t let this deter you from having the most festive house on the block or room in the hall. We spent only $20 dollars and were able to decorate both our kitchen and front lawn, transforming it into the perfect fright sight.

We were able to pull this off by hitting up the local Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Store, both of which offer a surprisingly large selection of Halloween decor. We bought two bags of spider webs, two big hanging spiders, a spider door cover, window eyes, gravestones, body parts and bones, candy bowls, shot glasses, lights, signs, a miniature skeleton, a glitter pumpkin, and so much more. Check out these photos for some inspiration!

By: Solia Yaley & Natalie Bacon

Her Campus LMU
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.