Happy Pisces Season! Here are 3 Tips for Having an Enjoyable, Fun Birthday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Happy Pisces season, everyone, and happy birthday to all of the Pisces babies out there! I, for one, turned 21 on Mar. 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada. What better way to spend your 21st than going to sin city with the people who are closest to you. However, every time my birthday rolls around, I am filled with the utmost anxiety and dare I say, sadness. Studies show that this feeling is attributed to “birthday sadness”. Some potential causes of birthday sadness may include depression, the fear of getting older, anxiety and a history of family drama on birthdays in childhood. To avoid the birthday blues, I came up with three tips that’ll hopefully help you to be stress-free and happy on your special day.

Surround yourself with people you love

When I was little, I used to have these big, joint birthday parties with my little sister, since our birthdays are only a week apart. We would invite so many people, including our friends at the time, neighbors and family. As an introverted person who doesn’t like all of the attention on them, the number of people invited would sometimes overwhelm me. Inviting only the people who you know will not stress you out and who you feel most comfortable around can make you less anxious. On your birthday, surround yourself with people you love and who will make you happy.

Don’t do anything you don’t want to do

Hey! It is your special day. If your friend suggests leaving your birthday party and going to the bar, but you want to go to a certain club that you love, go to that club! Don’t let anyone boss you around and do what you want to do. I promise you won’t regret it.

Don’t put too much pressure on having the perfect birthday

News flash! There is no such thing as a perfect birthday. There is always something that derails your party plans or perhaps one of your best friends can’t make it. Perhaps you cry tears in the bathroom because of the “birthday sadness,” but in the end, everything works out. At the end of the day, you are surrounded by people who love you, and everyone is celebrating the beautiful person that is you. You are a year older, and you are magnetic! Blow out your candles, and make a wish. 

Sadé is an LMU journalism major from Ontario, CA. She loves fashion and being with her family.