This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Jenna Osborne

1. Surround yourself with good people

The start of a new semester can always be overwhelming, stressful and full of emotions. Emotions of doubt, curiosity, joy or anxiousness about what the future will hold. I have found that these four tips have made the transition into this new semester a seamless one.

2. Rest your body

Only you yourself know the limits your body can take. When you feel off or tired, give yourself a break. It’s not bad to take a break or a mental health day, this will benefit you the next day because you will feel well rested and prepared to take on the day. Put your body and self first always. 

3. Make a to-do list

To me, To-Do lists are life savers. When I use one  it makes it so easy for me to see what I need to do day by day, and I also love the rewarding feeling of being able to cross a task off. This is just one simple way to keep organized. 

4. Try new things

Trying new things may seem intimidating at first but it is also exciting as well. New things bring excitement, growth and a new area to explore about yourself. You might end up totally loving the new activity after finally giving it a chance. Being able to incorporate new things into your schedule will help break up your routine a bit as well as put yourself in a good mood. 

These tips are just a few of the things I found that help me out to have a less stressful semester. At the end of the day find what makes yourself happy and comfortable as well as calm and relaxed! 

Teniola is a Junior Entrepreneurship major from Boston, Massachusetts. She is interested in writing about beauty, trending topics, lived experiences, fitness, and overall health!