This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Disclaimer: Please research beforehand any trigger warnings for the following books before reading them. 

It ends with us

By Colleen Hoover

This Colleen Hoover classic has taken over #BookTok for a good reason. This love triangle-filled story will make you use up your entire tissue box. The real question is: are you team Ryle or team Atlas? Be sure to stay tuned because Hoover will be releasing a sequel in October of this year!

Books
Original photo by Camilla Machado
The seven husbands of evelyn hugo

By Taylor Jenkins Reid

Reid is another notable author whose books have also recently been taking over the internet. This story will take you behind the scenes of the life of a famous Hollywood actress named Evelyn Hugo. While her story on the surface depicts the glamor of elite celebrity life, there is another side to Evelyn’s story that she is finally ready to share with the world!

Books
Original photo by Camilla Machado
verity

By Colleen Hoover

I had to put in another Colleen Hoover book, especially since this one is so different from her usual contemporary romance genre. If you love a good psychological thriller and a murder mystery combined with romance then this book is for you! This was by far the quickest I have ever read a book because it was so insanely captivating! Be warned: don’t read this book alone at night and have that tissue box nearby! 

Books
Original photo by Camilla Machado
where the crawdads sing

By Delia Owens

This is another story that you will surely need a tissue box for. This romance, mystery and coming of age story will be hard to put down after one sitting. With a combination of love triangles and a murder mystery, it also sheds light on connection to nature as well as survival and staying resilient. Be sure to stay tuned because this book is also getting a movie adaptation!

Books
Original photo by Camilla Machado
the midnight library

By: Matt Haig

The Midnight Library tells the story of Nora Seed who is unhappy with her current life situation. After attempting to end her life, she wakes up in a library with countless books, each one a rewritten version of her own life. She enters a journey of exploring her deepest regrets, her desires and most importantly what makes life worth living!

Books
Original photo by Camilla Machado
📚 Related: Five Books That Just Might Change Your Life
Camilla is a currently a sophomore dance and marketing major at Loyola Marymount University.