This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Okay..I know what you’re thinking, but I am completely qualified to make these critiques of these houses. Just because I can barely get groceries every week does not mean I cannot judge some of of these 35 million dollar homes, okay? Everyone needs home design advice and I will freely give it.

No.

This right here is going to have to be a huge no for me. I don’t understand why, but I see this a few times whenever I scroll through Instagram looking at homes I cannot afford (right now). I just don’t understand the appeal of having a tub in a random place of the house,having a bathroom that seems not private at all, or having that small of a tub! Maybe it’s just me, but if I had the money I would have a huge tub that I could put multiple bath bombs in. To each their own I guess.

Yes.

This is so pretty it makes me want to cry. I don’t even know how to describe what’s in this picture. There is no need to go explore actual caves when you can just make one in your home with a hot tub. You don’t need to worry about the forces of nature either. You just get home after a long day of work and relax in your cave for the night, and that honestly sounds so refreshing so I am going to look up caves now.

No.

Again with the open baths! Okay, this time there’s an actual wall and they look like they are in the middle of nowhere, but beware! They are still outside which is just not for me. The last thing I want to happen while I take my shower is for a large bird to fly over me and take an equally as large poop on my head while I shower, or a squirrel to climb up the wall and try to “join” me in the shower. It’s just too much to worry about as I shower, and I just want a relaxing one honestly.

Yes.

This is what I deserve. After all the work I put in for college…this is what I need. A bedroom that will relieve all my stress as soon as I walk in. Do you see that bed? It’s a bed that is fit for the queen that I am. Now white is a little risky because it gets dirty easily, but if I am that rich I’m probably not doing my own laundry anyways.

No.

Now I used to love these kind of showers because they looked so beautiful until I had the chance to use one myself and just no. I soon realized that I did not want all that water beating down on me at once, and making me feel like I am drowning in my own shower. However, they still look gorgeous so I will give it a  7/10.

Yes.

It’s movie night, every night. In a lot of home theaters I always wonder why they don’t have seats like these. They’re comfortable, wide and I am already picturing myself falling asleep on them and having great dreams. There would be no reason for me to visit a movie theater ever again (unless I am walking down the red carpet). I love this. I want this. I need this.

I hope you enjoyed my critiques of luxury home, and learned a couple of things about smart home designing as well. Always remember: just because it looks nice, doesn’t always mean it’s practical.

Loyola Marymount University'19