This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity: the one-and-only Nico Martinez. He is a sophomore political science major who is very involved on campus. If you ever see Nico around, feel free to stop and chat!

What are you involved in on campus?

“I am involved in my fraternity, Sigma Phi Epsilon, and student government, ASLMU. However, I would say that I am also involved in the social development on campus.  I always make an effort to get to know everyone I come in contact with on a personal level, and that leads to getting involved with other different aspects of campus life.”

What made you want to become apart of ASLMU?

“In high skizzle, I was always involved with student government and decided I would further pursue this passion throughout my college career.  Being a voice for people and making sure that they feel well-represented has always been second nature to me.  ASLMU is a unique form of student government, and it allows so many  possibilities to make a positive difference in the campus life of the people you represent.”

How can students learn more about ASLMU who are interested in joining?

We actually have a website (www.aslmu.org), and there is a “Get Involved” tab that you can click and then BAM… the rest is history.  We have a variety of committees to choose from, it just depends on where your interests lie.  If you want an elected position, there are senatorial spots as well as a president and vice president positions that are available as well.  Also, you can always stop by our office on the 1st floor of Malone to find out more.”

How do you balance work, school, and other campus involvements?

“Like Blues Clues, I always carry around my handy dandy notebook.  It is basically a detailed schedule of my entire life.  In there, I find my assignment due dates, meeting times, meal times, gym times and study hours, as well as set aside leisure hours to watch Netflix and Avatar: The Last Airbender.”

What are you passionate about (hobbies, sports, etc.)?

“I am passionate about many things.  I am very passionate about health and wellness, so I value my exercise and recreational activity. I am also passionate about food. My friends know how I enjoy a quality meal.  I was also a competitive swimmer from when I was 8 to 18 years old, so any activity in the water or the beach has always made me feel some type of way.”

What is your favorite show and movie?

“My favorite TV show is Avatar: The Last Airbender, by far.  I myself am the avatar. (Now you know my biggest secret.) I was also, and still am/always will be, a huge fan of Lost. And my favorite movie is Jurassic Park.  I love them dinos!”