Ben and Jerry’s Non-Dairy Ice Cream Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Ice cream. We all love it. However, we may not all love the fact that it contains milk. Like, a LOT of milk. If you’re like me and you avoid dairy but still miss ice cream, then you will be pleased to hear that LMU has a variety of non-dairy ice cream options. I decided to try some of the non-dairy Ben & Jerry’s flavors available in the LMU C-Store; here are my thoughts!

Chocolate Fudge Brownie

This flavor tastes really nostalgic to me because I used to eat Ben & Jerry’s original fudge brownie flavor (the one with actual dairy) all the time. The brownie pieces taste exactly the same as I remember them in the original; however, the ice cream base is a little watery and doesn’t feel chocolatey enough to me. I still like it, though.

Rating: 7/10

Peanut Butter Half Baked

This flavor is really good! The base is still a little watery, but not nearly as watery as the chocolate fudge brownie flavor. It has a nice peanut butter flavor but is still lacking a little in the chocolate department.

Rating: 8/10

Coconut Seven Layer Bar

This is an absolutely amazing flavor. The coconutty base is so creamy and delicious. It is not watery AT ALL! It actually tastes just like real ice cream to me. The graham cracker swirls are my favorite part. It was actually so hard to stop eating this one, I loved it so much.

Rating: 10/10

The winner? Coconut Seven Layer Bar!!!! This ice cream was the best by a long shot; in fact, I think I have found a new favorite. I would highly recommend it to any non-dairy (or even dairy-loving) folks out there!

Her Campus LMU