7 Gifts for the Ultimate Holiday Care Package

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Thanksgiving coming up in just a week finally means…it’s time for the HOLIDAYS! For some people this is their favorite time of year, but whether or not that is true for you it is still a great time to show someone in your life that you love and appreciate them. As the days get shorter and colder, a care package can brighten up someone’s day like nothing else. And holiday themed ones are the best!

1. Holiday Mug

One of the best things about the holidays is the variety of holiday mugs! Now that the days are cold, it is the perfect time to bring out those warm and cozy drinks like hot chocolate, peppermint mochas, and eggnog lattes. A themed mug will get anyone in the holiday cheer even during those awful 8 ams!

2. Hot Chocolate

Unfortunately, another staple of the holidays are finals and the stress can get very real. A great way to combat this stress (and a great addition to your holiday mug!) is a pack of hot chocolate! Nothing feels better than a warm mug of hot chocolate during a late night paper writing session!

3. Mason jar cookie kit

When the holidays near, you can experience a lot of homesickness. As you spend all nighters in the library you daydream about winters spent baking in the kitchen, with cookies fresh out of the oven. Although cookie kits won’t be able to replace the feeling of being home for the holidays, it comes with measured ingredients, so you don’t have to deal with anything leftover. Find a kitchen on campus, throw the ingredients in a bowl, and you have a little piece of home to get you through finals. Plus, you get to keep the jar when you’re done!

4. Peppermint sticks and stocking

Candy season isn’t over after Halloween, and crunching on a peppermint stick could be the perfect pick-me-up during a late night of studying. Get a cute decorative stocking to fill with peppermint sticks and hang on your door to spread the holiday cheer to your dorm!

5. Pajamas and Fuzzy Socks

Although sleep can seem very far away at times, a warm and cozy pair of pajamas is the perfect thing to crawl into once it is impossible to study any longer. Add in a cute pair of fuzzy socks to protect against temperamental dorm heaters and you will be prepared to battle against the December chill!

6. Cozy Blanket

Now that you have snacks, PJs, and socks, it’s time to complete the bedroom look with a brand new fleece blanket. A cute blanket can keep you warm in bed, at your desk, or even in a freezing library. One of the simplest and comfiest ways to decorate your dorm room!

7. Holiday Throw Pillow

If decorating for the holidays isn’t really your thing, a cute holiday throw pillow is another easy way to bring the spirit into the dorm. Not only will it look festive, it will also help prop you up when studying in bed!