6 Enjoyable On-Campus Jobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Whether you need to find a job due to work-study, or just need some extra cash, here are some enjoyable jobs on campus. It’s possible to love your job, you just find one that fits your personality.  

1. Tour Guide

If you love your school and are super outgoing, being a tour guide is an excellent on-campus job for you. Warning: being a tour guide is not one for the faint of heart, as you’ll have to be prepared to walk backwards for the majority of the time, and also be prepared to answer a ton of questions from both prospective students and parents. On the bright side however, this job is super flexible, as you’ll probably only have to do a few tours a week.  

2. Newspaper

Future reporters, journalists, or photographers-this job is for you. You’ll need to be incredibly organized, and willing to step outside your comfort zone to interview or photograph various people on the daily. You’ll probably also end up working way past normal hours to meet your deadline, but it will so be worth it seeing all your hard work published in print. It’s also an excellent resume booster for those future employers.

3. Tutor

Whether it’s math, a foreign language, history-use your skills to help other students that may be struggling in those subject areas. Tutoring is not only an incredibly rewarding experience; it can also be a way to make extra cash ASAP.  

4. Teacher’s Assistant

Did you love a specific class or professor? Look into becoming an assistant for the professor. Often times professors are doing research projects in addition to teaching, and can use the extra help with grading papers, or imputing grades online. You might even end up helping them with their research projects. It’s also just great in general to have a teacher as your mentor, as they can be an excellent recommendation in the future.

5. Experiment Participant

This one may not be considered an actual campus job, however it’s an easy way to make money if you are brave enough. Many psychology students are required to do experiments, and if you are willing to help out, some experiments pay pretty well. Signs/advertisements for experiments are typically posted all over campus.

6. Study Abroad Office

If working in an office appeals to you, working in a study abroad office can be quite a fulfilling job. You’ll get all the info scoop on study abroad programs and opportunities, and be able to relay the information to students that are interested in these opportunities. And if you decide to study abroad yourself, you’ll already have the necessary information handy.

So there you have some appealing on-campus job opportunities to choose from. Now go have fun making money collegiate!

Just an endlessly energetic young woman who loves a good romance novel, thinks teacup pigs are absolutely adorable, and firmly believes that chocolate can be eaten at any time of the day.