This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By Bird Cooley  

Modern Love

About: A new York Times column that reads “weekly essays that explore the joys and tribulations of love”. A great way to relax at night, often comical and always relatable.

Major correlation: English, Journalism

Favorite episode: “Marry my husband” (May 29, 2017)

Freakonomics Radio

About: “Each week, Freakonomics Radio tells you things you always thought you knew (but didn’t) and things you never thought you wanted to know (but do) — from the economics of sleep to how to become great at just about anything..”   

Major correlation: Economics

Favorite episode: “Should America be run by… Trader Joe’s?” (11/28/18, episode 359)

How I Built This

About: “Guy Raz dives into the stories behind some of the world’s best known companies. How I Built This weaves a narrative journey about innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists—and the movements they built.”

Major correlation: Business, Entrepreneurship

Favorite episode: Patagonia: Yvon Chouinard (December 24, 2017)

Fresh air

About: Hosted by one of the country’s leading interviewers, Terry Gross, Fresh air is one of public radio’s most popular programs. “The show features intimate conversations with today’s biggest luminaries”

Major correlation: Journalism, PR

Favorite episode: The neuroscience of addiction (1/11/19)

Hidden Brain

About: Hidden Brain helps curious people understand the world – and themselves.Using science and storytelling, Hidden Brain reveals the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, and the biases that shape our choices.

Major correlation: Psychology

Favorite episode: Zip Code destiny (11/11/18)

*All listed podcasts are available on the itunes podcast app*

Her Campus LMU