This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By Eriana Munoz

The leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting cooler and the Starbucks menu has changed – fall has officially commenced! Although it may not seem like it from the ever-present heat of Southern California, there are tons of ways to get into the fall spirit! And what’s better than curling up in bed with a warm fuzzy blanket and opening up Netflix to watch a good show? 

Now, I wouldn’t call myself a professional Netflix binge-watcher or anything, but I have watched my fair share of shows and picked out some of my favorites to celebrate the season!

1. Gilmore Girls

Centered in the charming small town of Stars Hollow, the 7-season show follows a mother-daughter duo who are basically best friends. At first glance, this show may seem a bit of a bore, but it is rather encapsulating. From money problems to love life issues and family antics, this show has everything and highlights the fall season at the same time. 

2. Stranger Things

Another show set in a small town, but this time things aren’t so charming. A missing boy, a mysterious bald-headed little girl, and a group of friends set the scene. Fighting mythical creatures and evil scientists was not what they had in mind for their fall shenanigans.  

3. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Based on the hit 90s show, this darker retelling of Sabrina the Teenage Witch is perfect for fall. The show follows the half-witch Sabrina and how she juggles her life as a mortal and as a member of the Church of the Night. Full of teen drama, angst, and relationship problems this show is filled with surprises and packed full with fall fun. 

2. Locke and Key

After the strange death of their father, siblings Kinsey, Tyler and Bode along with their mother move into their ancestral home. There they find magical keys that have secret powers that are somehow connected to their father’s death. Finding the keys unlocks a whole new world of mysteries, and who doesn’t love a good mystery? 

5. American Horror Story

With a new intricate plot every season, American Horror Story never fails to intrigue and engross its audience. A house with a history of murder, a coven of witches with mysterious members and a haunted camp, this show truly lives up to its name. However, be warned that this show is not for the faint of heart. There are countless gore shots, explicit sex scenes and very sensitive subjects so I suggest looking up the trigger warnings. 

Hey there! I'm Sophia Villamor, I'm an English major here at LMU, and am originally from the Bay Area. I love all things Disney, makeup, and fashion related.