This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

When it comes to the holidays, I love shopping for my friends and family members. I have so much fun picking out gifts for my loved ones. However, there are always the occasional people who it can be tough to buy for. After working in retail during the holidays, and seeing what gifts people purchase for their loved ones, I came up with a list of five items that you can put in a basket to give to anybody to enjoy!

Candles

I love candles, and they are always my go-to gifts. I feel like they can be personable too as you can pick which scent fits your special someone the best! Here is a link for my favorite candle from Anthropologie.

Baking Mixes

Baking mixes are always super fun to give and receive as presents. These are easy to purchase and always fun to make as well! My favorites include any of the mixes from William Sonoma, such as the bunt cake mix and cookie mix.

Mugs

A personal favorite of mine is mugs. I love collecting them, and they are another one of my go-to gifts. Purchase your receiver’s favorite color, initial, or design. Also, adding Starbucks coffee or Keurig pods is also a cute idea to add to this gift.  My favorite places to look for these mugs are at HomeGoods or Anthropologie. Easy, simple and fun!

Bath & Body Care Items

Send some self-care items such as body scrubs, salts, bath bombs, face masks and shower gel! These are super easy items to pick out and are always appreciated. My favorites can be found from lush.com, I love anything from there and all of their products smell so good too!

Board/Card Games

Classic games such as scrabble, Cards Against Humanity and What Do You Meme are fun games to give. Another one that I love playing with my girlfriends is called, For the Girls. These are so fun to play with friends and will create endless laughs.

I am a Junior at Loyola Marymount University studying business management with a Public Relations minor. I currently hold the VP role in my HC chapter! I love to go to the beach, writing about health and wellness, reading and being with my family and friends!