This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Maybe you’ve heard their song “Chocolate” echo through Forever 21, or maybe you’ve heard their hit single “The Sound” play in the 2016 Volkswagen commercial. Either way, you’ve heard of them. The 1975 is an alternative rock band hailing from Manchester, England. The group consists of lead singer Matty Healy, drummer George Daniels, bass guitar player Ross MacDonald, and guitar player Adam Hann. 

Two weeks ago, I was able to see the band for the second time, at their show at The Forum in Inglewood, California. Before the tour, Healy announced that the band would be changing the set list for each of their shows. So, as expected, my best friend and I spent the hours before the concert trying to learn the lyrics to songs we didn’t already have memorized. 

The show was completely sold out, and I was glad I purchased my tickets in the summer. When the opening act finished, and I heard the beginning beat for their song “Love Me”, I knew I was in for the time of my life. 

The band is notorious for their stunning backdrop of flashing lights during their performances. This visual element not only makes you want to stare at the band, but also at the stage background. The combination of the flashing white lights and live gospel choir in “If I Believe You” truly creates an experience like no other. The band finished with “Sex”, and immediately exited the stage, leaving me wanting to hear more.

If you haven’t seen The 1975 perform live, you need to.

By: Alexa Payne

Her Campus LMU
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.