60’s Revival: Daisy Whittingham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Liverpool chapter.

In a city that will always be a little bit stuck in the 60’s thanks to John, Paul, George and Ringo, why not start the spring in a wardrobe reminiscent of the girls of Beatle-mania. Think Twiggy, short skirts and knee high boots to hit the streets of Liverpool in retro style.

As Daisy states, “Makeup wise it’s all about the eyes so your liquid eyeliner should have a dramatic line finishing in a cheeky flick to open up the eye. If you have a more hooded eyelid you can make your eyes look rounder by the twiggy trick of dusting some silver or white eye shadow along the lower lid. Pair the dramatic eyes with a soft pink lip and contour the cheeks in a similar shade. Any volume you can get into your hair will compliment the dramatic eyes into a highly feminine profile, but otherwise just let your hair fall naturally. Curling it behind your ears frames you face and means it’s a nine o’clock lecture friendly look. The sixties was the decade of the fur coat and pairing it with a cute mini dress or short skirt, in any colour from soft pastels to chunky monochrome, will capture that retro vibe. To complete the look add a heeled boot or kitten heel to add length to your legs as they run from that cheeky mini.”

A look, all in all, to make the famous four swoon. 

Bethan Ann Andrews, Third year Literature student, Passionate about writing and print.